Chapter 17

A couple of months passed, and the two started to lead a normal life. Seulgi went to work everyday while Taeyong attended his final year of university. Only four months, and he would be free.

Taeyong's phone started ringing during class, and he quickly cut the call. He checked the caller, and found his mother's name. A message then came in.

Mum: call quickly when ur free. i hv smthg to tell u. it's important.

He furrowed his eyebrows, then turned back to the lecture. Once class ended, he quickly called his mother back.

"Mum."

"Taeyong, I need you to go home and go to Seulgi right away. OK?"

"What?"

"She didn't go for work, because... Just go home quick. She needs you the most right now."

Confused, he answered and cut the call. Since classes for the day were over anyways, he decided to go home now.

Reaching home, he entered and headed straight for their bedroom. He went in and found her sitting on the bed, head leaning against the headboard sideways. She looked tired and worn out.

"Baby?" he walked up and squated down in front of her, trying to look at her face. "What's wrong?"

"Yong... I... I'm scared." she spoke softly. "I don't know what to do..."

"Why? What happened? Are you sick? Your face looks so pale." he reached and held her cheek.

"No. I'm..." she unclasped her hands, and passed him something, "pregnant..." he looked, and saw a picture.

An ultrasound picture. Of his child.

He got up, sat next to her, and hugged her, kissing her face and hair continuously.

"I get two babies now! Thank you Seulgi!" he cheered, but stopped when he looked at her. She really looked scared.

"Why baby? Why are you like this?" he cupped her face. She looked up, eyes shaking.

"I'm... Worried. I'm happy now that you know, and you like it. But, can we take this? This is a... Huge responsibility. Are we ready for it?" he understood what she meant, and pulled her into a hug.

"Yong, I just started work. It's only been five months..."

"How long has it been for the baby?"

"Around two months. Listen. You still haven't finished your uni. How can we..."

"I know baby. Listen to me. Take maternal leave later, for two months from your delivery time. After that, you can go back to work. I finish in four months from now, and after that I just have to wait for my work to start at the company, which will be long. So until then, I'll take care of the baby. Don't worry Seulgi." he said stroking her hair, kissing it. Seulgi wrapped her hands around him, and he cradled her.

"Don't worry baby. Everything will be alright. Just take care of yourself. Your health and the baby's are the top priority from now on." she nodded against his chest. Taeyong took the photo again, and observed it, smiling. He kissed her temple, hugging her tighter.

"Thank you baby. I love you. You just gave me the next best thing after marrying you."

"We both did. I didn't do it alone." she finally sounded happier. Taeyong got up and took something out of the closet.

"Here. Jaehyun gave this on our wedding day." he handed her a large white book, with "Baby" written on top that his cousin had given.

"It's a baby album, where we put pictures and records of the baby's growth." he sat next to her and opened the first page, and put the ultrasound photo into it, then put it on her lap.