Chapter 30 - The Unexpected ( Chuunin Exam Finals )

Mai's POV

"We were preparing for this day for the past month and it's finally here, it's time for the Chuunin Exam finals to start!"a jonin announced as the crowd cheered loudly. We stood there, in the middle of the arena with everyone staring right at us when a chuunin landed beside the man, whispering into his ear.

'Not this again' I thought in annoyance as I watched the person nod.

"Since Uchiha Sasuke and Kinuta Dosu haven't arrived yet and Uzumaki Mai made a miraculous recovery, we will have to mix up the matches a bit"the man explained as the screen from the preliminaries appeared. Names shuffled through as all our eyes were glued to the screen before stopping on 2 names that made my heart skip a beat.

"Everyone except for the 2 named above please go up the stairs and onto the balconies"the person I'm assuming is the proctor ordered and everyone obeyed as I stared at the board.

"I know I'm you're opponent, but don't you dare give up!"a voice yelled as my halfway rised hand was slapped downwards.

"But you want this a lot more than I do, I can wait till next year"I argued, knowing exactly what he will say next.

"I will rather loose to my own sister than accept a win by default"he said through gritted teeth, clenching and unclenching his fists.

"If you say so"I muttered, looking away.

3rd POV

"Both sides ready?"the man asked.

"Hai"they responded in unison.

"3"he started as they both got into positions.

"2"Naruto watched his sister's every move as she slowly reached her hand towards her kunai holder.

"1!"as soon as the sign was given, the redhead launched forward, a kunai in one hand as she aimed for the blond. He deflected the knife with his own just when it was about to meet his head. The girl smirked as they pushed against each other while she made rapid hand signs with her free hand, shocking the audience.

"Water Style: Water Bullet Jutsu"she jumped away, exhaling a huge amount of water. The boy's eyes widen as he dogged at the last moment.

"Shadow Clone Jutsu"a whisper was heard and a cloud of smoke later, 6 Mai clones surrounded her brother as they smirked in unison.

"Show time"one of them cheered as they all started attacking the poor boy with taijutsu that he wasn't so skilled at. Then, a few seconds later, all of the clones disappeared as the girl fell to her knees, panting really hard.

'You're a terrible actor, you know that?' the female nine-tailed fox deadpanned as the girl grew annoyed.

'Oh shut up, will ya?' she thought angrily as she slowly rose to her feet before pretending to stumble a little.

"Uhm, are you alright?"her brother couldn't help asking as he eyed her warily.

"No, I'm *pants some more* exhausted and therefore I *inhales sharply* give up"she breathed, making the whole stadium groan. The confused proctor stepped in as he watched both Uzumakis with unsure eyes.

"Uzumaki Mai just forfeited, making Uzumaki Naruto the winner of this match!"he declared loudly, causing most people to complain about how 'the boy did absolutely nothing' and that the girl should be the winner since she was 'beating the life out of him'. Nonetheless, Mai smiled apologetically at her twin who was about to throw a tantrum.

Back to Mai's POV
A small time skip

"Sis? Mai? Mai, come on, wake the hell up, the last match is about to start!"I heard a voice as someone was shaking my body violently. Groaning, I opened my eyes to see Oni-chan's worried expression.

"What happened, is something wrong?"I questioned, sitting up abruptly.  All he did was speechlessly point at the center of this big arena. Following his finger, my eyes widen significantly as I stared at the scene. There, right in the middle stood my raven ex-teammate with the red haired boy standing in front of him as they glared each other down.

'This match gives me pretty mixed emotions, I never exactly liked Duckbutt but at the same time I don't want anyone to die... well, maybe the four eyed snake and the sound ninjas, but that's everyone I swear! Then there's Panda-kun, just thinking of him makes me feel weird' I thought, getting slightly dizzy from way too many thoughts. As my mind raced, I suddenly remembered something.

"Wait, if this is the last match, what happened with the others?"I asked, turning to the always smiling Haku who sat on my other side.

"Oh you should have seen it, I beat the hell out of Kittie Boy"the all too familiar voice of my blond teammate sounded from behind us as she placed her head on top of the raven's shoulder while grinning.

"Shino thought Neji a lesson"Haku continued as he tried to convince Ayane to remove her chin.

"And this lazy ass genius over here forfeited just when he had the sand girl cornered!"my brother yelled as he turned to Pineapple causing the said boy to sigh.

"How many times do I have to tell you Nar-"he started but shut up as soon as a very familiar sound reached my ears, the sound of a thousand chirping birds. Turning around quickly, I spotted Duckbutt with the blue ball of lightning in his hand just before he thrust it into the sand dome. The audience fell silent as everyone stared at the scene below.

"BLOOD, MY BLOOD!"a scream cut the silence like a knife as Ducky struggled to rip his arm out. Just when I thought Uchiha was done for, a blue light emitted around his arm as he tore it out with a weird one that looked like it was made of sand following right after. Feeling my eyes getting droopy and my head kinda heavy, I looked around to see people lying unconscious left and right.

"Oh no"I yawned, forming the right hand seal.

"Release"I mumbled. Just as the word left my mouth, my head snapped right up. Looking around, I rushed to my feet as soon as I saw a cloud of smoke rising from the Kage's balcony.

'*growl* I knew there was something wrong' I clenched my fist and was about to run to the rescue when ninjas from Sand and Sound started attacking the Leaf ones and only than did I realize what was happening.

"We are under attack"

Sorry, sorry, a thousand times sorry! I had problems with both my laptop and my phone for a little over a week now, but the chapter is here at last! Well anyway, hope you enjoyed, see you next time annnd...

You're the best,
Don't let others get you down,
Stay awesome,
Love you all,
~Maja-chan