Chapter 23 - The Bloody Sword ( Chuunin Exams Part 3 )

( I love this song so much! )

Mai's POV

As soon as we ran inside, we were met by a lot of screams coming from left and right. A few minutes into running, I stopped abruptly, turning around.

"Someone's following us"I said, glancing at the forest. Not a second later, a laugh sounded through the dark woods as an unknown girl stepped out into the small clearing.

"So you sensed us, how cute"a male voice spoke as 2 guys came after the girl, stopping at her sides. They were all ninjas from the hidden rain.

"We can do this the easy or the hard way. You hand us your scroll and we leave or you don't hand us your scroll and we hurt you, your choice"the purple haired boy said, smiling sadistically.

"Here, have it, but please don't hurt us!"I fake cried, throwing a fake scroll to them, making them all laugh.

"I can't believe you gave it up that easily! Well anyway, see you losers later but oh wait, you won't pass this phase since your tomato friend gave us the scr-"the girl started but was cut off as a kunai pierced her forearm.

"Don't you dare ever call her a tomato"Haku said coldly, dropping our cover in an instant.

"Oh come on, could you not just let them go?"I whined, glaring playfully at the boy who scratched the back of his neck.

"My bad"he apologized making me sigh.

"You will pay for this!"the girl screamed, pulling the kunai out before launching at Haku. Before she could make it to him however, her brown haired teammate stopped her, clutching the collar of her shirt.

"We don't have time for your stupid little revenge, you pest"he growled.

"That is no way to treat your teammates!"Ayane yelled.

"Oh and what are you gonna do about it, girly"the purple guy taunted.

"Alright that's it, you are not making it out of here alive!"I yelled, making around 50 shadow clones as I ran at the 2. The purple one laughed, taking out a bunch of senbon as he sprinted towards me. Jumping up high, he threw all the needles at my clones like rain. Making quick hand signs, I switched places with a log just in time to not get showered by thin metal.

"That was a close one"I breathed as I stood around 10 meters away from him.

"I must admit, you're not bad"he paused, taking out another senbon.
"Which doesn't mean I'm not better!"he yelled, running at me yet again as I took out a kunai. Our weapons made a clang sound as they clashed into each other. We jumped away with me creating a series of hand signs before taking in a deep breath.

"Fire style: fireball jutsu!"I yelled before breathing out a gigantic swirl of fire. The rain ninja I was fighting was stunned and was about to get burned to ashes when all of a sudden, a high pitched scream echoed through the forest, snapping him out of his daze just in time to jump out of the way. All of a sudden, I felt like I was loosing control. 'Just like when we first met Moo-pants... ' I thought, struggling to keep my mind straight.

Not giving me time to deal with the problem, he took out a gigantic sword I didn't even notice before running at me head on. As soon as I caught sight of the beautiful blade, I lost focus as my arms and legs went numb, but I didn't fall...

3rd POV

That's when the ground shook. From a far away distance, people watched in fear as every being, big and small, ran away as fast as possible while shivering like crazy.

Back to the fight
Still 3rd POV

The purple haired boy drew closer and closer to Mai as she stood there, her head down, her eyes and hair glowing dangerously red as her whiskers darkened and her smirk grew. As fast as lightning, she took out 2 certain scrolls and drew them over her bleeding cuts before a cloud of smoke blocked everyone's view.

An animal like roar sounded as she slashed through the smoke, running out of the white mess with an evil smirk on her face. As soon as she appeared, the purple boy stopped, staring with a seemingly horrified expression at the redhead's floating hair. Mere seconds later, his face took a complete twist, forming into an excited one.

"I always wanted to slay a demon!"he laughed as their weapons crashed into each other. They both pushed hard but to no avail as it appeared they were about the same strength. That is, until Mai felt her head pulse, her focus wavering for just long enough for the boy to slash past her sword and deep into her stomach. Screaming with agony, she kicked his gut, making him fly into a tree and knocking him unconscious in the process. Falling to her knees, she panted hard as her appearance faded back to normal, her pale hand gripping the sword in her abdomen tightly as the other held a scroll before ripping the blade out and fainting on the spot, all 3 weapons falling to the ground with a scroll lying not too far away from her hand.

Eyo! How's everyone doing? I hope you're all fine, I'm so excited to finally finish another chapter! Anywho, I hope you enjoyed, see you next chapter annnd...

You're the best,
Don't let others get you down,
Stay awesome,
Love you all,
~Maja-chan