Chapter 18 - Scared Of Heights

Mai's POV

"Ughhhhhh!!!"I groaned as sun burned my eyes through the window, a ringing sound vibrating from next to me.Slaming the alarm clock mercilessly, I got up and dragged myself to the kitchen.

Timeskip
3rd POV

"Good morning Mai"Haku greeted.
"Geeeh!"Mai anime cried as she dramatically fell before Ayane's feet.
"What's up with her?"the blonde asked, lightly kicking her female teammate's body.
"She hates mornings"the boy sweat dropped, looking at his best friend.
"Ughhhhh!Wake me up wh-"Mai was cut off.
"Good morning team!Who's ready for some D rank missions?!"Yukie-sensei yelled upon arriving.
"Lets just get this over with so that I can sleep"Mai yawned, getting up and following her new team.

A lot of missions later…
Ayane's POV

"Why are we doing this again?!"the Uzumaki yelled while she pulled out a weed.My hand slipped for a split second, causing me to drop her ankle just to grip it tighter a second later.

"Please don't drop me!"she cried.
"Don't worry, I won't let you fall to your death from a stupid cliff"I calmly answered, looking down as she pulled more weeds.

Let me explain.
So, we went on a lot and I mean A LOT of lame missions before going on this one.
The request was pulling the weeds.
The catch is, they were on the side of a fluffing cliff, which is the reason why Haku is standing on the edge, holding my ankles with me holding Mai's while she pulls the stupid plants.

"Pull up Haku, we are done here!"she yelled, wanting to get away from here as quick as possible.
You see, Mai had this thing called acrophobia, which means she is extremely scared of heights.

So, as soon as our feet were on the ground again, she collapsed to the ground and hugged her knees close to her chest, her body crocking back and forth.

Haruki's POV

'Poor Mai.She must be terrified.She has been scared of heights for as long as she can remember' I thought, looking at my partner as she sat on the ground in a fetus position, mumbling to herself.

Haku's POV

"It's gonna be fine.You are gonna be fine.You are safe now"I spoke, stroking Mai's hair gently, but she paid it no mind.

She was beyond scare and no matter how much time passed, she wouldn't move.

"Ayane, I know she will not get up, no matter how many hours or days pass, so could you please help me?"I pleaded, trying to lift my best friend.
"I don't have anything better to do"the blonde said as she picked Mai up with easy and set her on my back, which the redhead got attached to immediately, making us sweat drop.

"So, where are we headed?"I asked once we started walking, not really knowing my way around.
"Where would you like to go, Mai?"Ayane asked, tapping the girl's shoulder.

However, before the scared girl had the chance to answer, we heard a distant noise heading our way.
Listening carefully, we made out barking and someone's voice with 5 sets of footsteps.

Coming into view were a small white dog, a guy in a jacket, a girl with a big sweater and a guy with sunglasses.The odd trio was chasing the mysterious puppy that stopped in front of me, barking happily.

"Akam-wait, what are you doing to Mai?!"the guy with red triangles on his cheeks yelled once he noticed the girl on my back.

"K-kiba-san, d-don't you r-remember?N-naruto-kun s-said Mai-san w-was p-p-p-placed on a n-new t-t-team"the lavender eyed girl stuttered, tugging slightly on the boy's jacket.

"You got that right.I'm Yuki Haku and that's Sadao Ayane.We are Mai's teammates and I have been her best friend since we were little.We did a mission that included pulling weeds from the side of a cliff and Mai here insisted on pulling while we held her ankles, even thou she is scared of heights.Right now we are trying to get her to snap out of her mini trance"I explained, pointing my thumb at myself and then at my other teammate that seamed to have a light blush on her cheeks.

Ayane's POV

"Sorry for that.He is Inuzuka Kiba, that shy girl is Hyuuga Hinata and I'm Aburame Shino.We are all Mai's friends from the academy"the guy with glasses spoke.Before another word could be spoken, someone interrupted.

"What the hell are you doing with my sister?!"a blonde haired boy pointed at Haku, earning a smack on the head from the pinkheaded girl that walked beside him.
"That's Haku and Ayane Naruto!"she yelled.
"Hn"the raven haired boy beside her spoke, glaring at nothing in particular.
"What did you say, Sasuke-kun?"the girl sweetly asked, looking at the Uchiha.
"Why do you like Sasuke-teme and not me, Sakura-chan?"Naruto cried, sulking on the ground.
"Because you are loud and useless, dope"onyx eyed boy spoke darkly, now glaring at the blue eyed boy.
"What was that, Teme?!"the wiskered

"Hey, hey, come *munch munch* down.Shino is your friend *munch munch* after all"a new voice spoke.
"What a drag"another spoke.
"Everything is a drag to you, Shikamaru!"the third voice screamed as 3 new characters approached.

Haku and I looked further ahead to see a chubi guy with a bag of chips, a guy that had his hair in a shape of a pineapple while his hands rested in his pockets and a girl with light blonde hair, screaming at the lazy guy as they approach our little group.

"First of all, who are you and second of all, what are you doing to Tomato head?"the light haired girl asked cockily while pointing at Mai.

"First, this is Haku, that's Ayane and second, don't you dare call me a Tomato!"