Chapter Fifty One

Start from the beginning

There's about fifteen minutes left in class, when i hear my phone vibrate a couple times in my bag. I sneakily attempt to pull it out while Mr. Lynch continues his boring lecture.

I grab my phone, hiding it under my desk. I immediately smile, the messages are from Isaac.

"Angela's going to give a ride home baby."

"I had to leave early, have to run an errand for pops."

"I love you."

Although my father had got me my very own car now, Isaac still wanted that luxury of being able to bring me to school and take me home afterwards. He wanted every little second that he spent with me to count, especially on days where he had to go work for his dad.

I quickly reply to Isaac and toss my phone back into my bag, and wait for class to finish. After class is done Angela and I walk out to the front of the school and load up into her car. She's quiet on the whole ride to my house, she's a lot quieter now a days and I don't like it, it's not her.

I don't really know what to say to her anymore. I've tried telling her that maybe she should take some time off of school, this way she could heal properly, grieve properly, but she refuses to. She says she'll be more depressed at home than at school with her friends, and I respected that.

We're about three minutes away from my house, and I can't bear that silence anymore. "What time is Dion being released?" I asked.

"Anytime after 4," she replies.

"Are you gonna be there when he gets out?"

She shakes her head no, "I'll probably go wait for him at his house, I don't know."

"Cheer up, Ang, I'm sure he's going to be excited to see you."

She doesn't reply verbally, she simply shrugs her shoulders. "We'll see," she says after a couple seconds. "I don't really know who he is right now. He won't talk to me, he won't listen to me, he barely even looks at me."

Angela pulls up to my house and parks to the side, "I don't know Dion like you guys do, but I do know that he tends to put his feelings to the side, what guy doesn't. Dion's never lost anyone he cares about in his life, right?" She shakes her head. "I don't think he knows how to cope. He's so good at hiding his feelings, that I don't think he knows how to let them out."

"I wish that he would just talk to me, but it's hard you know. We were never the type of friends to run to each other when we had problems. I always had Sophia and he always went to Isaac, that's just how it was."

I sigh deeply, placing my hand on top of hers, gently squeezing it. "But you're not friends anymore, Ang. You guys are a thing now, you're together, you need to learn to communicate with each other if you want this to last. Talk to him, ask him how he's feeling, why he's so mad, he needs to let it all out eventually."

She nods and I begin to squint my eyes while looking ahead of me, "is that Isaac's car up the road?"

"What? Where?" Angela quickly looks in the direction that I'm looking in.

"There," I point ahead of us. "Next to the trash bins."

"Noooo," she smiles as I look over at her.

I narrow my eyes even more now, "what do you know that I don't."

"Nothing," she chuckles softly, and I tilt my head some. "I don't!" She exclaims. "They asked me to bring you home, and I did, I swear," she smiles.

"Hmm," I stare at Angela for a couple seconds longer. "Well thank you for the ride," I tell her as I reach for the door handle, pushing the door open. I step out of the car and close the door as Angela rolls the window down. "I'll see you Monday?" I smile, she nods. "Text me, call me, if you need anything."