Chapter Fifty One

Start from the beginning

Dion immediately took the blame for everything. He admitted to beating up the poor kid for no reason, and even said that he started everything with Isaac when he was only trying to stop him.

Principal Batam didn't buy it at first until he seen both of the boys faces, Isaac just so happen to have a busted lip when Dion was perfectly fine. His eye was a bit swollen, but he wasn't bleeding like Isaac was, therefore Mr. Batam let him go, and Dion was arrested with three different charges.

Disorderly conduct, battery, and carrying a concealed weapon.

Isaac nearly lost his mind and has been feeling guilty ever since then, he's been trying to do everything in his power to get Dion's chargers dropped, and he did, only because Dion's still a minor and not an adult yet.

The Ricci family used one of Mr. Matteo's many expensive lawyers, of course Isaac's dad paid for everything, putting that family in his debt now. Isaac explained how that didn't matter with Dion's family or Angela's, both of their dads were really close to Mr. Carmelo, so he tend to treat them differently.

Dion wasn't completely off the hook though, he still had to deal with some consequences, by the state and Mr. Matteo, he wasn't going to be let off that easy. Dion didn't have to serve any jail time, he did get his charges drop, but he was now on probation and house arrest.

I stayed with Isaac as late as I could last night because I was afraid that he would have a relapse and drink his guilt away, and seen Mr. Matteo's anger first hand. I of course was in the living room, watching tv, while Isaac was in his father's office with him, hearing every little thing he shouted. Dion's was basically useless to him, meaning he now had to find a new guy to handle his business when Isaac couldn't, and according to Isaac his dad really didn't trust that many people.

"Hey," I gently place my hand on Isaac's lap. The guilt was still written all over his face. He slowly glanced over at me, "he knows you couldn't possibly mean any of that, baby."

"You weren't the only one who said hurtful shit, KP," Patrick says, attempting to lighten Isaac's mood.

I sense Isaac's hesitation and reach for his chin, turning his face back to me, and I kiss him on the lips really quick. "Stop being so hard on yourself, Isaac. It's fixable, baby."

Isaac slowly nods his head, and I run my thumb across his bottom lip, running it over the dry scab of blood. "Your swellings going down," I smile.

Isaac snorts softly, connecting his lips back with my own.

"For real though, KP, one out of ten, how hard does Dion hit?"

Isaac immediately scoffs, turning to look at Patrick. "1 out of 10?"

Patrick nods.

"Like a 12.5."

Patrick nearly chokes on his drink, spitting what he had inside of his mouth.

"Ugh, gross, Ric!!" Angela exclaims, scooting away from him.

I giggle some and hand Ang some napkins we had left over from our lunch.

"Remind me not to piss either one of you off," Patrick snickers.

The lunch bell rings and Isaac walks me to my Spanish class, it's the one class that I just so happen to have Albert in. He doesn't sit near me or with me in class, he barely acknowledges me. He's the one friend out of Isaac's homeboys who doesn't really pay me any mind, and that was perfectly fine with me.

After Spanish was over I headed to my last class, English, the same class that I shared with Angela. Sadly Angela and I no longer sat together. Mr. Lunch was constantly shushing us during lectures, Angela more than me, she now sat way at the front, while i still sat at the back by myself. It didn't matter where Angela sat though, she always found someone else to talk too.