Chapter 3

Sioux Falls, 1995
Tessa's POV

I woke up that morning next to a sleeping Sam on my bed with me, a book on his chest rising and falling with his breathing.  I quietly chuckled at him and slowly pried the book out of his hands making him shift a bit. Marking his page for him I placed the book where I was previously laying along with a note on top saying.
Morning Sammy!
As you can probably smell I'm making breakfast downstairs, I have a surprise to tell you so come see me when you wake up.
- Tess
P.s Take a shower Sammy, you need it. 😬😂

Taking a quick shower myself I combed through my shoulder length chestnut hair, throwing on my Dwight glasses cause I didn't feel like wearing my contacts today and a black striped long sleeved shirt with my overalls. Letting my hair air-dry i walked downstairs to get started on breakfast. I turned on some music quietly so I didn't wake anyone up and started cooking eggs, bacon, hash browns, and some pancakes. As I was making Sam a tomato, spinach, and mushroom omelette (cause that's what he told me he loved to eat for breakfast the day before) my favorite song came on Ain't no mountain high enough cover by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell. I started swishing my hips and singing into the spatula. 
"Listen baby, ain't no mountain high
Ain't no valley low, ain't no river wide enough baby!!
If you need me call me no matter where you are
No matter how far, don't worry baby,
Just call my name I'll be there in a hurry,
You don't have to worry!" I started belting and dancing around while I flipped his omelette. I went to start the next line when I heard another deep voice singing with me, and it was beautiful.

"'Cause baby there ain't no mountain high enough,
Ain't no valley low enough, Ain't no river wide enough, To keep me from getting to you babe" DEAN, yes Dean sang with me and after laughing at me for jumping at his presence. I quickly shut off the radio as Dean came to my side bumping his hip with mine.

"Awwwww why did you shut it off? I was enjoying the show!" He whined. I playfully slapped him in the shoulder making him let out a chuckle as he took a plate and started piling food on it. "You have a beautiful voice by the way." He said while going to sit at the table.

"I can say the same about you Winchester." I respond as I put Sammy's omelette onto a plate and set it aside, Dean scoffs in response. "Is it ok if I turn the radio back on?" I ask wanting to hear his voice again.

"Only if you sing again, T" he looks up at me and winks. I roll my eyes and turn on the radio again, he starts eating and as soon as he puts a piece of pancake in his mouth he moans. "This. This is heaven." He points his fork down at his plate.

"Why think you" I laugh bowing in-front of him. He salutes back at me and starts stuffing his face again. I start on the dishes as another one of my favorite songs comes on. Sweet Home Alabama by Lynyrd Skynyrd. I started to hum along with the melody and soon Dean was by my side with an empty plate, I was going to take it from him when he stopped me and said.
"Let me help, it's the least I could do." I nodded and I washed as he dried them and soon I started to sing again.

"Sweet home Alabama, Where the skies are so blue, Sweet home Alabama, Lord, I'm coming home to you" and again Dean started singing with me. I smiled at him and he smiled back. What felt like hours was only a couple minutes with Dean but he seemed to make the time go faster. At one point me and Dean were dancing around the kitchen to Highway to Hell by AC/DC and that's when Sam decided to make his appearance, right at the moment Dean decided to pick me up from behind. So when Sam spoke up scaring us both led to me... on top of Dean...on the kitchen floor. We looked at each other for a moment and then... bused out laughing. I rolled off of him trying to catch my breath. "Hi-ya Sammy" I say with a crooked smile.

"Morning guys" he sassed back trying to hide his laughter.

"Made you an omelette, it's on the counter." I tell him still lying on the floor. I hear him say thanks and step over me and Dean. Wait Dean! I roll over to see him playing dead. I playfully hit him on the chest as get up holding out my hand for him. "Come on D. Dean. Dean get up. I know your awake you just opened your eye. It's now or never Deano. Fine" I start to walk away when I hear a NOOOOOOOO. I turnaround to see Dean with his arm stretched out, I giggle and help him up and he slings an arm over my shoulder.

"So I guess you guys are friends now huh." Sam said with a little chuckle.

"I guess so." I say looking up at Dean and him looking down at me. Both with a smile on our faces.