Chapter 2

It's 2:57am and I still cant get over what happened.. It was not normal, I know it wasn't.. Am I the only one who had experience something like that in the club? If so, then why me?
I glanced at my laptop that was sitting next to me on my bed. Should I look up the book?
I took a deep breath as I grabbed it and set it onto my lap..
Typing: Portrait of Markov
Huh? I tried to refresh the site but it wouldn't let me. I think it froze..? Great.. I can't read it. I pulled out my phone and began searching up the book once again until.. A message.. From Yuri.

Private Messaging

Yuri: Hello Monika. How are you feeling?
Monika: .. I'm fine. What you doing up at this time.?
Yuri: You don't sound fine.
Yuri: I would like to know what happened.
Yuri: What REALLY happened.
Yuri: Don't be scared Monika. I just want to help you.
Yuri: Did you see something? A ghost, perhaps?
Yuri: Hallucinations? You're not taking any drugs are you?
Yuri: If so.. I know how that feels.

Huh? What does she mean by that?
I accidentally scrolled up to older messages.. I scrolled back down and.. Wait a minute.. That last text.. It's gone.. You can't unsend anything on here. So how can you.. Did I just imagine it?

Yuri: Monika.. I'm waiting.

I didn't know what to say.. She's the last person I would want to talk to right now. I just stared at the messages. My phone started to vibrate cause Yuri is trying to call me. I just stare at the number until it went away. Another message.

Yuri: Did you fall asleep? Or are you avoiding me?
Yuri: I'm your friend Monika. I'm trying to help you by understanding what you may have seen earlier.
Yuri: You looked quite scared Monika.
Yuri: So scared that you avoided making eye contact with me.
Yuri: You moved away as soon as I touched you.
Yuri: Are you scared of me?
Yuri: What did I do?
Yuri: I'm just a member in your club. Your friend. I would never hurt you.
Yuri: So don't be afraid.
Yuri: You can tell me.

I turned my phone off.. The messages were just getting creepier. I looked at the screen of my laptop. It was still frozen. I put my phone and laptop on the small table next to my bed then laid down, pulling the covers over my head. I didn't feel like falling asleep. I just wanted someone.. Anyone but Yuri to come comfort me and tell me I'm just dreaming. A couple of seconds later.. My phone was ringing, loudly. I quickly shot up from bed and grabbed my phone. I thought I turned it off..
I looked at the caller. It was Yuri.

" Leave me alone! " I yelled into the phone and threw it across the room. This can't be happening. This has to be a dream.. It has to be. Something like this, isn't normal. Wake me up. Someone, PLEASE WAKE ME UP.

Morning.

" Monika.. " A voice drifted closer to my ear as I felt it rub my shoulder. I quickly shot up.

" Ouch! " Sayori cried as she rubbed her forehead.

" Sayori! I'm sorry! " I quickly apologized and hugged her tightly. She smiled a little uneasy, " It's okay. But anyway, let's hurry to school "

" N-No! "

Sayori looked at me puzzled, " But.. You have to.. We all have tooo. Plus, you're the Club President "

" S-Sayori.. Don't make me go back there.. " I quietly cried into her chest.

" Monika? Did something happen? "

I needed to tell someone but.. No.. If i do.. Something terrible would happen. I just know it.

" What's the hold up? " Natsuki entered the room.

" She doesn't want to go " Sayori pouted.

" And why is that? " Another voice entered the room, a voice I recognize easily by now.

I pulled on Sayori's uniform so it could sheld my eyes from both sides. I don't want to see Yuri.

" Monika, you have to go to school " Yuri spoke clearly. I shook my head, feeling like something had a tight grip of my throat. I wasn't able to speak.

" C'mon Monika " Natsuki begged.
I could feel the cold stare from Yuri.. I hated the feeling. Go away Yuri. Don't come near me..

" We'll be waiting for you outside, okay? " Sayori gently said as she patted my head and put my hands down. I kept my head down and my eyes shut. I heard the door close. Slowly, I looked up.. Yuri was standing in front of the door just starring at me. I immediately jumped back, almost falling off the bed. I couldn't scream no matter how much I tried.. I couldn't leave. I was trapped.

" Now that we're alone.. " Yuri began with an emotionless expression. I was screaming as loud as I could but I heard nothing. Nothing but Yuri's voice and movement. She crawled onto the bed and onto me. I couldn't fight her, even if I tried, I know it would get it worse.. So I quickly shut my eyes as hard as I could.

" Don't be scared.. To open your third eye.. " She gently spoke into my ears. I don't know what made me open my eyes but when I did, all I saw was her gentle friendly smile.. As if this whole thing is normal. We both know this isn't normal but one of us only know why this is happening.. Sadly, I'm the one with no answer.