Chapter 1

~Monika's POV~

Something.. Something doesn't feel right.. Why do I feel like I've lived through this day before? Something about it.. I just can't let it go..
I took a glance at the other three girls just chatting away. They look fine.. Then.. What am I thinking..? Today is the same as yesterday and tomorrow would be the same as today.. Nothing new but I don't mind it.. It's quite peaceful.

" Monika, you okay? " Sayori asked as she tapped my shoulder. I jumped slightly and accidentally knocked over the pile of books on the podium.

" You keep zoning out " she giggled and helped me pick up the books.

I gave her an uneasy smile, " I just.. Have too much things on my mind "

" Whenever I have too much things on my mind.. I just write it down " Sayori said and piled the books back onto the podium.

Write it down, huh? I think I just might do that. I picked up the last book from the ground.. Portrait of Markov..
I never seen this book before.. It gave me a cold shiver down my spine and it felt like the eye on the cover was looking through me. Immediately, I put it on top of the other books. I never wanted to see it again nor know what it's about.

" Eh? Yuri, isn't this your book? " Sayori called as she grabbed the book.

Yuri glanced up and quickly hurried herself towards them, " Y-Yes! Where d-did you find it? "

" It was right here with the other books " Sayori smiled, " You probably left it yesterday "

" I-I see.. " She answered with a strange tone, I never heard before. We made eye contact. It was.. Really weird.. Kind of creepy actually. Sayori walked Yuri back to Natsuki. I stood at the podium still but with uncomfortable feeling..

" That book is creepy looking.. " I heard Natsuki say. Tell me about it..

" It's quite an interesting book " Yuri said without hesitation, " It's kind of.. How could I put this.. Eye catching? "

Eye catching.? Something about that description is throwing me off even more. The more I think about it, the more I don't want to be in the same room with that book. What could be so relaxing about a book with an eye on the cover?!.. I shouldn't judge Yuri.. We all have some things people just can't understand at first sight.. Maybe.. Maybe I'll just have to get used to it. I looked out the window, time felt like is was going slower.. I sigh quietly then suddenly felt a tap on my shoulder. As soon as I turned around, Yuri's face was so close to mine, her eyes were brightly white and looked like she was stealing my soul. I jumped back, hitting the wall behind me.

" M-Monika?! " Yuri ran over from her seat that was on the end of the room. What the hell was that?! I couldn't scream.. I couldn't look away.. I just pushed myself as far from.. Whatever that sh*t was..

" Are you alright? " the other two girls caught up and held out their hands.

" Y-Yes I'm alright.. " I said quietly and grabbed their hands. They got me back to my feet, I could see Yuri from the corner of my eye.. Just starring at me coldly..

" What happened? Did you get scared or something? " Yuri asked resting her hand onto my shoulder.

" Y-Yes I mean, n-no! " I quickly said taking a step back so her hand could not touch me any longer, " I-I just got dizzy "

" Are you sick or something? " Natsuki asked. I desperately nodded.

" I'll walk you home " Sayori said as she went back to her seat to grab her bag.

" Yeah I'll walk you home too " Natsuki also said and followed Sayori to her things. Yuri kept looking at me. I didn't know what to do but looked down, keeping my eyes shut. I didn't want to see her at all after what just happened.

" Monika, are you sure nothing scared you? " Yuri whispered.

" I said no Yuri! " I yelled at her. She stood quiet.

" I-I didn't mean to yell " I apologize and looked up at her, even though I didn't want to. She just looked at me, emotionless. Did I hurt her?

" Monika, let's gooo " Sayori and Natsuki nervously said and waved from the classroom door. I grabbed my bag and hurried beside them.

" You're not coming Yuri? " Natsuki asked. No please say no. I'm sorry for thinking like a b*tch but that.. That was not normal.

" I'll clean up the room.. The teacher of this classroom gets upset when everything is misplaced " She answered quietly and started walking to the desks.

We started walking out of the school.. I got this somewhat chill to not look back. Don't look back, don't look back, don't look back.. Just keep walking.
For some.. Crazy reason that I still don't understand.. I looked back and automatically regretted it but.. Nothing was there. I sighed in relief.