EXTRA SCENE | Kirk Girls

Wildest Ones, Zayde Wølf

CARA

"ALL HAIL THE KING AND QUEEN!"

Many people chanted before us as Aiden and I stood beside Jacob and Lily got coronated as King and Queen. I try to enjoy the party but I can't stop thinking that Samantha is my sister. I look at her at the other side of the room. We're different, so different. She has dark hair and brown eyes while I'm blonde with grey eyes. I don't see it. But I don't even know how our father looked like.

"I can see the wheels turning in there. What are you thinking?" Aiden interrupts my train of thought.

I mentally debate whether I should tell him or not.

"I have a sister," I sigh. "I put it all together a few nights ago."

"You have a sister?" Aiden asks confused.

"Yeah, that's what I said," I reply.

"Wow," Aiden says. "Who?"

"I don't want to talk about that here... in the open," I say. "She doesn't know yet."

"Ok, we can go inside," Aiden says.

We head inside the beautiful Carson castle. We head into the breakfast room. I take a seat and Aiden sits next to me, facing me.

"So tell me," Aiden prompts.

I think of the million ways I can tell him but I start with what comes to mind.

"I'm not a Wolfe. My real parents are Samantha's, Peter Kirk and the Moon Goddess. Michelle and Michael raised me," I say. "I've always known that they weren't my parents. No one knows except for them and my brothers that I'm not one of them but I'm still, basically, their daughter and sister. It doesn't matter to them where I come from."

"Samantha doesn't know you're her sister, correct?" Aiden says.

I look at him. He's processing everything I'm saying. I can see it on his face.

"That's correct," I reply. "I met Luna when I was four. Samantha is about four to five years younger than I am."

"Wow," Aiden says.

I nod. "I'm just not in the right mind. I think I fill somewhat guilty that she grew up with him. I grew up partially with my mother. Samantha didn't know who her mother was until she met Luna. All she knew what that she was different from the rest of the wolves."

"You shouldn't feel guilty," Aiden grabs my hand. "Your mother made a choice. You should ask her about it."

"I haven't seen her in years," I say.

"You'll see her again," Aiden says.

"Yeah, probably," I reply.

I didn't know if I would.

Aiden took my hand as we headed back out into the garden. I felt her presence before I saw her. I searched around, letting go of Aiden's hand. I felt Aiden looking at me but I continued my search. I didn't move from my place beside Aiden but I searched with my eyes. I saw her. She was here. Her eyes find mine. She stands in all her glory in a long red velvet dress with black embroidery. Her hair partially up in curls. She was beautiful as always. I walked towards her and her to me, meeting halfway.

"Mom," I say choking on my own sob.

It had been a long time. Way too long. I almost forgot how she looked like.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"You think that I would miss a ceremony like this?" she grins.