chapter 3

Dream and flashback in this chapter; I've marked where they begin.

~~~

SAMANTHA

After Mason and Melissa left me to sleep, surprisingly I did but it wasn't what I expected.

• dream •

I saw a woman in a one shoulder, long, white chiffon dress. She had dark hair like mine styled in a bun. She had my eyes and my pink lips. She smiled broadly at me.

"My little girl," she said. "How tall have you grown."

"Where am I? And who are you?" I ask.

She smiled. "You are just having a dream. I'm your mom."

"What? How are you my mom?" I ask.

"Those people who raised you aren't your biological parents." She said.

"What? Who are you?" I ask again.

"I'm Luna one of the Roman moon goddesses." Luna said. "I'm your real mom, sweetheart."

"Hold up. I'm the daughter of the Roman Goddess Luna and I never knew that?" I asked.

"I'm sorry. I couldn't visit you, honey." My mom says.

"Why are you here?" I ask another question.

"You have temporarily lost your memory that's why you can't remember anything before you jumped. I will give you the flashbacks but I'm warning you right now that you are not going to like them." Luna says.

"Okay, whatever it takes. I want to remember no matter how bad they are." I confidently said.

"Okay. You may wake up someone is here to see you." My mom, Luna, said.

"Who is it, mom?" I asked.

"Why don't you figure it out yourself, baby girl." She says. She waves and walks away.

"Wait! Will I see you again!" I yelled after her.

"Of course you will, I'm your mother." She yells back.

My eyes flattered open and I came face to face with Mason. I sat up and he just stared back. He just stood there like he wanted to tell me something.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"I have something to tell you." Mason said.

"What?"

"You are my mate." He says.

"What?" I say again.

I'm somewhat confused. I have no idea what a mate is.

"What's a mate again?" I ask with confusion.

"Is it said that werewolves can feel there mate or smell them. Which is true; it's how I found you. It's an instant connection between two people. Either werewolf with werewolf or werewolf with human or whatever. There is no specific way they find their mate. It will just happen when it happens. A werewolf mate is someone who forms that instant connection, that one and only person who will share their lives with. Someone who was literally made just for them. They are very protective of their mates and don't take kindly to someone trying to harm them or threaten to take them away." He explains.