Chapter eighteen

A/N: Hi my loves, it's been a while but I will be doing about 5 chapters this week. I love this story and hope you guys like what I have in store for Dahlia. I will also be posting some new things including a new werewolf story, leave comments because I love hate silent readers... Enjoy💞

"Dominic, I need to find a person named Marco."

"Who is that?" He asked instantly pissing me off.

"Do you need to know that? Or can you just follow orders?" I snapped. He looked at me exasperated and sighed. "I'm sorry Dom, I just..."

"You're right boss, where should I look?"

"Start with the man that apparently is not my father.'"

Later that night Dominic came by the penthouse with a file on Marco. However, my mind was nowhere near that. I keep going back to my mother when we were in France.

"Madam?" He asked concerningly snapping me back to reality.

"Oui, my mind... Please continue."

"Marco Guerra is alive and, how do Americans say... Alive and kicking Ms Dahlia. He lives in Los Angeles."

In that instant my heart dropped, after many years of believing one thing, the truth could be at my fingertips in a matter of hours. What would I ask? Why would he subject my mother to such a lifestyle? Why would he leave me?

I kicked up my red bottoms on the file he placed on my desk, deciding what to do next.

"Dominic, should we go to the city of Angels?" I leaned into the chair, my thoughts melting into the night.

He was quiet for a moment, as if he knew not to speak. However, this was the one time I was actually asking for a response. I raised a brow at him in anticipation waiting for him.

"I am not inclined to persuade you either way madam, however, I do believe you came to the states for this reason, no?"

I sighed knowing what I have to do next. I waved my hand at him, signaling for him to proceed with making arrangements. Finally I will know about my past, and the people who created me.

He left with a quaint nod and silent footsteps. I called James to my office to discuss the following week. He arrived with red eyes and a bottle of gin not a moment later.

"James?"

"Dahlia, I can't... How... How do you do this? For the money? How do you take a life? How do yo..." He broke down in my arms, ruining my silk dress with his tears but I didn't care.

I remembered my first time taking a life, but that was for survival. That is the sole reason why I do not kill, but help those deemed innocent.

I lifted his chin, watching his red eyes dart swiftly into my gaze, I truly felt for him.

"Cherie, you have never touched a drop of coke. You have never had to cross any line into my life, but these men have. They willingly murder children and tear families apart, they deserve death." I paused, not for effect but to think clearly in English what I was about to say. "You did a kindness today, one less bad man in the world, love."

He dropped his head and sniffled, as if he was laughing.

"Are you not like them? Dahlia, I saw you shoot someone in the head without a thought and went to the club right after? If they're evil then so are you."

For a second, just for a second, he made sense. However, I too have my senses. They haven't been abused as I have, they have never had to prove that they are killers. The men in this game could just show their face and have people quivering in their own pool of piss.

I leaned back from him and detached my handgun from the bottom of my desk. Standing up, I faced him with my silencer on his temple.

"James," I half whispered. He slowly looked up recognizing the cold steel pressed against his head. "Do you fear me? As a woman?"

"Dahlia," he raised his hands in the air slowly. "Yes, I mean, no..." He looked sternly into my eyes for a moment, "no?"

Using my thumb, I slowly took the safety off. "Do you fear me as the bitch with a loaded gun off safety at your head?"

"Fucking Christ, yes! Yes Dah..."

The heavy barrel of my 9mm cut him off mid sentence, I hit him so hard he fell to the floor spitting up blood.

"That is why I am not like them. That is why I hired you. You are big man, you show stern face and make people scared." I kneeled down to his level with a face of disgust and anger at how men have always treated me. "I kill big men who make people scared. I kill big men who take little girls. Because I, too, was little girl. I was scared, but now I am not. I hired you to be the face of my organization so that I can hunt men like these."

I stood up, leaving my gun beside him.

"You either understand that or don't, but this is do or die. Cherie, on this side you better fucking do."

With that I walked out of the office, greeted by Dominic and a host of body guards. It's up to James to decide what he will do with this opportunity, as for me, I need to find Marco.