Chapter three

"Welcome to the Hilton hotel, how may we assist you?" A male no older than thirty welcomed me and the driver.

"Hi, she needs a room." He spoke up on my behalf.

"We have a couple of available suites, what would you prefer?"

"Luxury."

"All right, would you be interested in the honeymoon suite?"

"I'm just her driver man, she wants like a penthouse or some shit."

"Alright. We have the penthouse available, how long will your stay be?"

"However long this money can keep me." I said bluntly placing a wad of cash on the counter.

He counted the bills and informed me that it would sustain me for about a year including room service and all that they had to offer.

He asked for my name and I pretended not to understand what he was saying. I needed time to think of the persona I was trying to imitate.

"I very sorry, Merci." I nodded slightly.

He showed the to the penthouse suite and brought my bags up a couple minutes later.

"Wait! Do you have someone that teach language for me?" I asked unsure of my words.

"You mean someone that could teach you English?"

"Oui."

"Yes, they will be up in less than an hour. Is that all?"

I gave him a hundred dollar bill and smiled at him. I walked to the couch studying it intently. It was clean enough. I sat down and turned on the television.

"Recent reports tell us that a Russian ambassador was shot in the head while on a diplomatic trip to France, there are no suspects at the moment but the French police is searching tirelessly for the shooter. This is Maila Cronca reporting for ABC news. Back to you Jaime."

I smiled a little at the news. Dominic took care of the loose ends I didn't even think about until I arrived here.

The ambassador was getting too close to my business. They say that politics is a difficult business but it is only made hard by those who are involved. The countries make their alliances, take their stances in war only to make things worse.

I know this was a fact because I once worked for the Italian government as a spy while gathering personal intelligence. Oddly enough, I spied on Italy for France while working both fronts. But that's another story for another day.

I ran to change out of the cheap clothing that I was wearing. Dominic sent suitcases that got to the hotel with one of my body guards a little before I got there.  Sadly, Ramon did not speak enough English to help me speak to the desk guy.

I changed into a black strapless dress and black heels to match. The elevator door opened a most as soon as I was coming down the staircase.

A man with almost boyish features stood before me in a grey suit with a pleasant smile. My initial thought was to reach for the pistol I hid on the stairs earlier but he introduced himself.

"Bonsoir, I am Louis. I was appointed to teach you English. Shall we begin?"

He took my hand in his and kissed it lightly. I tried to smile but I might have growled at him. He went by the elevator for a few books he brought along with him. He sat adjacent to me on the couch ready to begin my first English lesson.

"From what I was told you understand a lot the language but you don't know how to speak or respond quite well. So, repeat after me..."