Chapter five

"We have a few profiles you could take on. They are all blonde, extremely wealthy, attractive, high profile bosses that have rarely been spotted even by their employees. Ghost bosses."

"Who looks the most like me?" I asked sorting through papers.

"Hold on, ah, here we go." Dominic placed the picture in front of me. "Interestingly enough they call her Dahlia. She looks exactly like you and she is French as well. Always leaves without a trace. She served in the French Army and a subdivision of the malatia, she has no official ties to the French and she remains politically neutral. Plus, I kind of had her taken care of while I was in France so it would be her."

"Was she killed?"

He chuckled. "God no. I simply told her that my boss needed her identity and we would appreciate it if she kept herself busy and out of the public eye. She agreed if we sent her to a private island and let her direct business through you then all is forgiven."

I smiled at his intuition. "So, she is currently on private island waiting for a call from me?"

"Yes. We watch her though. Make sure she doesn't contact anyone telling them about our deal."

"I wouldn't worry about that. Women like us just need some time off. May I call her now?"

"Yes, here it is."

I crossed my legs extending them on top of the paperwork. I could almost see my face in my heels, not to sound like a narcissist but that's what I liked to see.

"Dahlia, darling. I have been reading up on you. Not much to read and I like that." She greeted me on the second ring.

"Pleasure to say the same."

"However dear, I told your man Dominic that you would have liked it better if I was eliminated. He has such value for life, that one."

I smiled at her comment. Little did she know.

"Thank you, I will reimburse you for your troubles."

"No! Just keep the Tequila and Margaritas coming and all is forgotten."

I hung up the phone looking sternly at Dominic.

He looked up with a pained expression as if he was expecting me to complain about something.

"Well done. You can take the day off."

"What?"

"Take the day off." I repeated sheepishly.

"What does that even mean?"

"It means you can leave." I knew that he was joking with me but he was right to ask. He never asked for time off so I assumed he didn't need any.

Instead of leaving, he stood up and smiled at me. "Let's get to the office and set up. Get word that Danielle Russaue is in town. Time for The Empire to meet their boss."