Chapter seven

Strange.

I thought I heard a thud or pounding in the trunk.

I looked out the window distracting myself and heard it again.

"Dominic pop the trunk."

The car came to a hauling stop the door flew open and I went to survey what was in the trunk.

"Really?" I looked at him and smiled.

"Madame, I thought the package was being delivered tomorrow in another car. I apologize."

"I want to know who was dumb enough to do this."

He was already on the phone yelling in Russian by the time I even finished my sentence.

The trunk was slammed down and we were waiting in the car. After an hour of silence a blacked out SUV parked behind us and a man entered the car and sat beside me.

"Never thought I would see you again princess." He took off his glasses still looking forward.

I pulled out my gun and held it to his temple unmoved.

"Not necessary boss. Podva is good people." Dominic calmly spoke up.

I cocked my pistol. "So am I."

He was the man that I spared when I was in France. The same guy who was dealing with my enemies.

"That's no way to greet an old friend." His accent was still thick as the words left his lips like a chorus line.

"I wouldn't say friend. More like a viper waiting for a chance to strike."

"Dahlia, why would I?"

"Remember France?"

"You mean your mass murder of the drug dealers? Yes."

"Wouldn't that make you a drug dealer as well? You were in business with those men."

He smiled a bit and relaxed in the plush leather seat.

"Call me... how do you say, a mediator."

I lowered my gun and looked away from him.

"Fine, I just want to know who the hell put a man in my trunk."

"Dominic, will you please take us to the warehouse." He knocked on the window and Dominic began driving.

An hour later we arrived at a warehouse with trucks and containers parked outside. It was guarded heavily by big, broad shouldered men who wore all black. We went inside to what seemed to be a meeting. I could smell the fear in the room as he passed each man looking them in the eye.

"Which of you was contracted to work for Dominic?"

There was a moment of silence and a white guy stepped forward and nodded his head.

"The rest of you may leave." Podva announced.

The rest of the men scattered wearily, worried of what was going to happen to him.

"You fucked up. The man was supposed to be delivered tomorrow and in a car that she wasn't using. How could this have happened munsch?"

"I made an error and I am willing to pay the consequences." His head remained down and he did not make any eye contact.

"Yes you will." He turned to me. "I apologize and this will never-"

The smell of gunpowder warmed the air as his body fell to the floor.

"ARE YOU FUCKING INSANE?" Podva screamed at me.

"Yes." Dominic smiled.

"Who the hell do you think you are killing my fucking men?"

"Call me... how do you say, God."