Chapter twelve

"Looks like we are out of red velvet cake ma'am." The waiter informed me.

I smiled lightly and returned to the dessert menu. 

"What happened to the cake?" Dominic asked after he left.

"He said there was none left." I replied not looking up from my menu.

"Oh boy." He sighed. 

James looked at us both with wide eyes. He looked to Dominic and mouthed if everything was okay. Dominic nodded curtly and looked around the room for the waiter to wave him over.

"Are you sure there isn't any red velvet left?" I asked him.

"I'm sorry but the chef said there wasn't. A couple by the window ordered the last of it about half an hour ago. Is there anything else you would like?"

"Yes, may I speak to the chef?" I was getting antsy. If there wasn't anymore cake half an hour ago, why not make more?

"I'm afraid it isn't in my place to allow you to do that but I can go-"

His sentence was cut short due to my revolver in his mouth. James gasped and people started to stare. I locked eyes with him and took the revolver off safety. 

"I think we should call the cops." A lady suggested to her date.

Dominic walked over to them and pointed his glock at her shoulder. "If anyone in this room calls the cops or attempts to leave, she gets shot. Now, stay calm and continue your dinner, nothing to see here."

He looked at his receptor that can trace any calls made from any device in the restaurant to see if anyone tried to contact the police. A single gunshot sounded and the lady he was just talking doubled over in pain holding her shoulder.

"I said not to call anyone," and with that he walked- back over to me and a very confused James.

"I won't hurt you unless you come back out here in an hour with red velvet cake." I informed the waiter. He nodded and rushed back to the kitchen.

I sat my revolver on the table and commenced eating as if nothing happened.

"Ca va?" James asked stunned.

"They didn't have the cake I wanted." I informed him. 

He looked at me and Dominic in utter surprise. He settled for a moment and told everyone that it was alright and they could continue eating.

I sat patiently eating my meal and making light conversation with both of my male companions. The restaurant was silent aside from our silent chatter. I looked at my phone and saw that the hour mark was almost up. I checked how many bullets I had and asked the table beside me for some bread.

"I so sorry, my bread finished, mind if I borrow some of yours?" I turned to Dominic and James, "you guys want any?" They shook their heads no, "Just one piece then."

I returned to the table buttering my bread lightly looking for the waiter and my cake. He emerged a moment later with fifteen seconds to spare.

"The chef send his apologies, here is your cake. Will that be all?" There was sweat on his brow and he seemed a bit flushed.

"Actually, can you wrap that up for me?"

"Absolutely, do you want some more or is this fine?"

"He earned a good tip I would say," James whispered under his breath. 

"This is perfect," I concealed my gun in my purse and wiped the corner of my mouth, "May I have the check please?"