Chapter 14

Right as the needle touched Vazquez's skin Warren turned to the queen and whispered something to her as she nodded her head, "One moment Dr." she said as he stopped all action. We all released a breath we did not know we were holding as she and Warren began to discuss something as she nodded her head once more and began to smile, "On second thought Dr. since it is such a monumental accomplishment it would be only fair that the honor of the first dose go to you," she said as he glanced around the room. "Um I can't . I wouldn't presume to take-" he began saying but La Reina interrupted him, "Oh please, I do insist," she said,"But I'm not worthy, my queen. I mean if anyone should have the first dose it should be...well you," he said walking towards her. "Red flag," Addy said as we all went on high alert, Kurian glanced towards Murphy but all he did was smirk, "We're waiting," she said getting annoyed, "Do you need someone to assist you Dr" Escorpian asked as Kurian shook his head,"No.." he breathed out before rolling up his sleeve and jammed the needle into his arm as I flinched.

He fell to his knees groaning and gasping for air before he fell sideways onto the ground and began twitching uncontrollably as we all waited for the results. La Reina sighed, "Kill him," she said as everyone, including us, pulled a gun on him. "Wait you trigger happy imbeciles," he groaned getting up slowly, "I'm good, well I'm fine," he told us as La Reina was still skeptical, "Test him," she said as I smiled not putting my gun away yet, "Dibs on shooting him," I mumbled as they brought out a box that seemed to be growling. Escorpian grabbed his arm and shoved it into the box, we all flinched as Kurian began to scream from the pain, "Ok enough," Reina said as his bloody hand was removed from the box.

La Reina was as surprised as the rest of us, "He should have turned by now," she said as everyone, including Kurian, was shocked that it had actually worked. La Reina quickly pulled up her sleeve, "Everyone here shall receive the vaccine, starting with me," she said as Kurian approached her prepping another syringe before slowly ejecting it into her arm. She swayed slightly before Warren and another attendant steadied her and helped her sit down as Warren glanced towards us, Reina took a deep breath, "I can see a world where humans dominate again, and it is all because of one person, whose strength, courage and loyalty has made this possible for us, Lieutenant Warren," she said as both Escorpian and Kurian frowned as she continued, "Because of you , El Murfi is brought to us, there is hope. You gave us the future and so you must be honored next," she said holding onto Warren.

I glanced towards Murphy who's smile had faded and a scared look took over his face, "I..ah," Warren couldn't seem to find her voice to decline the queen, 'Help her,' I mouthed towards him as I was still gripping onto 10k as he nodded downing the rest of his wine before standing up, "My Queen... um, if I may. If you would grant me the honor of allowing me to give her the vaccine. I owe my life to Lieutenant Warren and without her I would not have made it here to you," he said quickly as the queen smiled, "That is a beautiful idea..I love it," she said as she motioned for Kurian to give him the syringe. We stood there helpless as we watched Warrens face contorted into a painful expression  as he injected her, "Don't worry the sting will go away in a second," he said quickly. "She really got injected,"I mumbled frightened as I held onto 10k as Escorpian seemed to loose his patience.

"Mi Reina, please," Escorpian said, "These people were outsiders. Gabocous. We can not trust them," he said as she got fed up, "Quiet Hector!" She yelled, "You better be very careful with what you say next," she continued anger laced in her voice. "I'm just trying to protect what I have...what we have built. She brought the assassin, she wants to do you harm, Reina and I can prove it, just give me more time with him," he said looking at Vazquez. She rubbed her temples, "Go, I'm getting a headache," she said as the zeros dragged Vazquez away with Escorpian following close behind. All of us glanced at each other as Warren approached us, "Everyone line up for the cure," an attendant shouted as her and Murphy reached us, "Ok what the hell guys," Addy asked as we looked at Warren, "You feel ok? Is it working?" Doc asked, "She didn't get injected idiot," he whispered as we were all confused, "What? Why not?" 10k asked quietly, "That is exactly what I intend to find out," Warren said. "What is really going on," I asked quietly but didn't get my answer, "Hey everyone!" La Reina said, "I feel strong, do you feel strong?" No one answered, "We must give this strength to the rest of the world. Hey Dr., Murfi can you make more of this miracle cure, huh? We will not rest until everyone is safe!"  She yelled as Murphy nodded towards us and then followed Kurian back to the lab as Warren looked towards us.