Chapter 5

We ran huddled in a group as we took out the Z's that got in our way. Addy held onto Serena's hand as we passed by a sign, "Wisconsin Cheese Day Parade," 10K read as I ran beside him, "Sounds neat, wish we could enjoy it," I yelled as I took out more Z'. I turned around and saw the z's with the cheese hats chasing us.

"I thought you could control these things," Vazquez asked as Murphy and Cassandra kept ahead of us at a leisurely pace, "Not this many," he spoke looking towards Vazquez with a scowl, "and not for you."

I glanced behind me again as I noticed clown z's have now joined the chase. "Clowns it had to be clowns," I said as I picked up the pace, 10K glanced my way, "You don't like clowns," he asked me as we stopped next to a giant cheese wheel. I bent over panting with the others, "Or spiders, storms and flying," I said panting as Doc walked over to the wheel.

"No way is that cheese," Doc asked, "It's not real Doc, come on puppies and kittens," Warren yelled as Doc turned around, "No it's real," he said with his mouthful. Serena started throwing up, "Come on let's move," Vazquez said as Addy looked at them, "She's not moving," she said as Serena continued. I straightened up and looked towards the z's headed our way back towards the cheese wheel.

"I have an idea," I said moving to the cheese wheel and started to cut the ropes with 10ks knife, "I know what you're thinking," Warren said as she and Addy came and helped me. " You're not thinking what I think your thinking," Doc asked as Vazquez looked confused, "Yeah I am, remember Philly," she said cutting the last of the ropes. "What happened in Philly," Vazquez asked, "Just watch," 10K said as Addy moved the planks.

"Hold on," Doc called as he cut of another hunk of the cheese before moving back to 10k and the others. Addy, Warren and I pushed on the cheese as it fell forward and rolled into all the Z's. We watched as it gained speed and plowed into the z's, "Damn," Vazquez said as he nodded, "How long do you think it will go," 10K asked as we watched it disappear. "It's all downhill from here," I said as I shot at more of the z's before my rifle ran out of ammo, "Damn it," I mumbled as 10k covered me.

"Now it's really time to go," Warren said and started running, "Remember if anyone asks," she began, "We were nowhere near Wisconsin," we all finished for her. I turned to run as I tripped on a corpse, I fell as the corpse went to grab me. 10k's boot came down on its head, crushing it. "Aly," he said as he held out his hand for me, I smiled as I took it and pulled myself up, and we ran with the others.

"Look," Addy yelled pointing to the car sitting idly by with no one around to take it. We hot wired the car with Addy's help and then hit the road. 10k and I sat in the back next to Cassandra and Addy, he held out some bullets for me but I declined, "kept them with you in case you need them, I've got enough rounded for my hand guns," I said as he nodded and but them back in his bag. I leaned over and kissed his cheek causing them to heat up, "Thank you though," I said as I felt my hand sting. I looked down to see a gash across my palm, it wasn't bleeding thank god but it still hurt, 10k noticed it and took my hand. He pulled some bandages from his bag and carefully wrapped it up, when he was done he brought it to his lips and kissed it causing me to blush this time.

*Time Skip*

Many miles later we were driving on some pretty uneven roads while Doc sang a song about cheese. "Warren pull over," Addy said frantically as Warren quickly pulled to the side of the road. Serena jumped out and quickly stumbled to the field as she emptied what little was probably in her stomach. The rest of us got out as Addy ran to Serena's side, Doc and Murphy leaned against the side talking, Warren and Vazquez were overlooking the map, Cas sat on top of the car. I remained in the car with the door open while 10k stood facing me, he reached out and moved my hair behind my ear. I saw his eyes flash to my neck where the bruise the vines had caused was almost healed, a frown made its way on his face as I tilted my head and placed a hand on his cheek.