Chapter 3

We just kept driving before running out of gas, now we were headed away from the fallout storm on foot. 10k kept me close to his side, "how you holding up," he asked me, "I think I'm doing better then Addy," I said glancing over at her, she was doing a little better but I could still see the hurt on her face, "I still feel like it's my fault," I confessed to him as he pulled me closer, "we're going the wrong way," Murphy complained, "we have to head away from the storm," Warren told him as we all glared at him. He brought up his hands, "that was not my fault," he said as Doc looked at him, "Murphy don't make have to explain to you the term 'fail safe weapon' again," He told him as we all stopped to catch our breathe, I looked over at the new guy that had kinda just stuck around, "do you think we can trust him," I asked 10k as he shrugged his shoulders. We started walking again as we came to an stop looking at grey smoke that was raising out of crashed vehicles, "10k let me see you scope," Warren said as 10k handed her his gun, "what do you see," I asked from next to them, I saw 10k glance over at Cas who was giving Murphy a shoulder rub, "what are we going to do about her," I asked as Warren looked that way, "who Cassandra," she asked, "that's not Cassandra, not anymore," I heard him mumble as my heart ached, 'what if 10k liked Cassandra before I came along,' A voice in my head said as I looked towards him, "maybe there's a way back for her when we get to California," I voiced from beside Warren as I look blankly into the distance. I pulled up my own scope and began looking around also, I saw a semi headed our direction as I nudged Warren, "you see what I see," I asked her as she nodded, we watched as they were ambushed from the crashed vehicle, "ones coming around the back," Warren said as both side started firing at each other, "Warren we gotta help them their gonna get slaughtered," Addy said, "I know, Aly," she said, "way ahead of you," I said lining up my scope with the driver of the four wheeler, "ok Aly you stay up her, Vazquez and 10k that way, Addy your with me and Doc stay up here with Aly and watch him and her," she said as we nodded. "Be careful," 10k and I said at the same time , we smiled as I kissed his cheek and they went their ways, I laded down in the ground and began sniping z's and the enemy while Doc stood above me pointing them out. We watched the enemy retreat as Doc and I made our way towards the survivors with Cassandra and Murphy following, I put my sniper on my back as I ran and jumped into 10ks waiting arms, "Sam Custer," he introduced himself to us, "Roberta Warren," she replied as 10k and I hung back around Doc, "this is quite the setup you got here," she said gesturing to the caravan of cars, "thank you I use to run long haul pre-z, my son and I rebuilt the charger," he said, "it's a beauty," I told him, "what's the engine run at," I asked as they looked at me surprised, "what I know a few things about car," I mumbled embarrassed. A guy in a beat up red jacket ran up to me, "you were amazing! You were like boom and bang, and I watched you take out all of them from the hill top," he said smiling like an idiot causing me to crack a smile, he walked off as I felt 10k put his arm around my shoulder and hold me tighter, "Someone's jealous," I said teasingly, "maybe," he mumbled back as he looked to the side at Cas again. I felt my heart in my throat as I pulled away from him and went and leaned against one of the cars, 'he doesn't like you anymore,' the voice in my head kept repeating, as I put my head in my hands trying to suppress the thoughts. The people offered to let us hitch a ride, Doc was chowing down on cream of mushroom, 10k sat next to him drinking his water and I sat above them, "Do you want something to eat," someone asked me and I shook my head turning away from them. 10k looked at me with worry in his eyes, "hey Aly is everything ok," Doc asked noticing the tension between 10k and I, I sighed knowing I couldn't keep bottling up my emotions. I looked at 10k, "I've noticed the way you've looked at Cas," I told him as we watched Doc go with wreaking ball and Murphy to go do some type of drug, he came and sat down next to me as I continued, "and there's this voice in my head that keeps telling me that your losing interest in me," I said my voice trembling, "Aly," 10k said softly as he held onto me, "your the only person for me, Cas was like a sister and I hate seeing her like this," he admitted making me look at him, "I will always only love you," he told me as we shared a sweet kiss. Warren and Sam told us to saddle up as we stood up as we watched the three of them climb out of the car stoned as can be, Sam climbed into the truck as we all took off. Warren and Vazquez up front, 10k and I sitting in a bucket by a girl with red markings down her face, Doc rode with Wreaking ball and addy rode in the back with Murphy and Cassandra. As we traveled down 10k sat down with me laying across him, I looked over at a wreckage were a body had its skull smashed in to the point bone was showing, "dear god," I said burning my face in 10ks chest as he put a hand on my head, "don't look," he told me as I shook. "Warren blaster," Vazquez shouted, "where where," she asked aiming her gun not finding any, "10k Aly be on the look out," she told us as we stood up back to back guns aimed, her and Vazquez started firing off rounds at what I guess was a blaster, we thought they had gotten it until it stood back up and started running again. I heard 10k fire off a round as I looked behind me, "you got this," I told him as I saw one on my side, I lined up the shot as I heard him kill the blaster he had been working on, "three thousand ninety eight," I called to him, "your one hell of a shot," the girl with the paint on her face commented with a smile as I rolled my eyes; I was down four bullets before I finally nailed it in the head, "they're tougher than they look," I commented as he put his hands on my shoulders as we looked out towards the waste land. "How do you think Addy is doing back there," I asked as he played with a lock of my hair, "I'm sure she's fine," he reassured me as I smiled lightly, "Aly, 10k we got company," Warren called out as we both set up our rifles. We all started firing as they rode past us, 10k and I were back to back as we took out bandits from either side. I heard gun fire behind us as I looked towards Doc and Wreaking Ball, I dropped my sniper to the ground as I jumped out of the carriage and started firing at the bandits. I watched as Cas jumped on and rip one of the bandits throats out as Doc and Wreaking Ball bailed and the bandits climbed in and drove off with Cassandra still on. "Take cover," 10k yelled as I ducked behind as the bandits started firing, one of them shot Athena in the head as I put a bullet between his eyes. Making a quick and stupid decision I holstered my handguns and jumped on the car with Cassandra as it sped by us, "Aly!!!" I heard 10k shout as I watched Cas munch on the guy as we took off down the road.
(10ks pov)
I watched as Aly holstered her guns before jumping on the car with Cassandra and disappear down the road, I felt the semi began to gain speed trying to follow the car before we slowed to a stop as I lost sight of my girlfriend. I jumped out and ran to Warren as Doc and Addy joined us, "why did we stop we have to go after her," I practically screamed as Warren put a hand on my shoulder as Doc and Addy looked confused, "Aly jumped on the car and we lost sight," Vazquez answered as Sam told them to get back in so they could go after his car.
(Normal pov)
I was hanging onto the back as the bandits sped down the road, I turned to Cassandra as she was covered in blood, "Cas we need to get this car back in our control and get back to the others, you up for it," I yelled over the roaring wind as the bandits tried shaking us off. She nodded her head as I formed a plan, "ok I'll take out the ones in the front if you got the drivers," I said pulling out one of my guns, she nodded again as she climbed on the roof and took out the passenger and working on the driver as the car began to swerve dangerously. I took aim and took out the first guy before the car vered to the left and we crashed, I hit the ground hard as black spots clouded my vision. I heard the bandits scream as Cassandra took car of them. I stood up weakly looking at all the dead bodies as Cassandra was panting and covered in blood, I heard the semi come to a stop as 10k and the others yelled for me. 10k and doc ran to us as his hands flew to my face and held it, "what were you thinking you could of been hurt," he said bringing me into a bone crushing hug, "gee this looks fun," I replied sarcastically to his question as he laughed kissing my head as we watched Doc pull a axe out of Cassandra before she ran and clung onto Murphy. He and Doc helped me back to the semi as Sam and Warren were fighting about the car Cassandra and I risked our life getting back before we saw it speeding off again with Murphy, Cassandra and Wreaking Ball in it as Sam and Warren cussed at the sky.
*timeskip*
We were headed in the direction they had gone when Addy started yelling Bout blisters, we all started firing but they just kept getting closer. My hand flew to my chest as I looked towards Addy, "we gotta help them," I said to 10k as we crawled out of the carriage, "I'll go you stay here and cover us," he said as I nodded pulling my sniper up to my shoulder as he crossed the cars helping doc and Addy. I waited a few moments before I saw them crawling towards me as I noticed a blaster following them, I released the rest of my snipers rounds slowing down the blaster. I ran next to doc as 10k and addy ran past us on the other side, the blaster came crawling at me as I pulled out my bat, "I got this go," I yelled to Doc as I brought the bat down onto the blaster face as I heard a satisfying crack and ran to the others, "I got it," I said smiling, "guess again Aly," addy told me as I brought my bat to my face to see it was broken, "damn it," I screamed throwing it into a zombie as it knocked it off the semi, "I've had that since the beginning," I said depressed as we felt the truck gain speed and head for a barricade. "Hold onto something," Warren yelled as 10k pulled me into his chest as Warren climbed in with Sam and the truck went even faster as we piled through the barricade, we were fighting off the rest of the z's when we saw Warren rolling on the ground. "Hold on Warren," doc yelled as he and addy grasped hand and jumped with Vazquez but I stayed in place, "what's wrong," 10k asked, "I can't do it," I said scared as I felt him throw out rifles and cradled me before jumping, we landed and rolled for a bit before coming to s stop, "sorry I just froze for some reason," I said wiping dirt off him as we stood up, "it's ok I'm just glad your ok," he said holding my hand. We found one of the cars from the caravan and decide to use it to follow Murphy as the semi exploded in the distance with Sam still inside.