Chapter 2

We were running after Murphy and Cassandra as the guy we met before was hot on their heels, "Murphy," Warren screamed after him as we watched Cas take a right. A car came around the corner as the man stopped and began to shoot the vehicle and people inside, we took cover behind a car as I pulled out my hand guns making sure they were loaded, "he must really want that reward," I called over the gun fire. Murphy ran again as the guy shot the only survivor and then followed Murphy, we were about to follow when the woman from the mini van and a group on a four wheeler began shooting at us, the others ran behind another car as I grabbed 10ks wrist and pulled us behind a building, as we barely missed being shot "be careful kids," I heard Doc yell back. 10k grabbed my face between his hands and looked me over, " you ok no holes in you or things sticking out," he asked as I shook my head, "good," he said lightly kissing my head, "10k! Aly! Go find Murphy," Warren yelled. 10k looked to make sure it was clear as we ran the way Murphy had, "do you think they'll be ok," I asked as we ran and ducked from bullets and z's, "they'll be fine lets just find him," he yelled back, we heard an explosion as I looked back to see a grey cloud in the air, " what was that," I yelled as I fired off a few rounds. We kept running as we went down an ally way behind a building when we heard a woman start screaming, we took off faster as I say Murphy trying to get away again, I threw my guns in their holsters as I took off full speed to him, I jumped and tackled, him to the ground, "ah what the hell you stupid idiot," he yelled as he layed next to me, 10k ran over helping me up, "will you quit running away were trying to help you," I screamed at him, " for gods sake I though we were friends." The next second I felt 10k cover my head with his arms as we were thrown out of the way by another explosion, 10k layed motionless on me until I gathered enough strength to push him to lay next to me, "baby please wake up," I pleated as I lightly hit his dirt covered face, I watched as the man holding the launcher fled from the z's as 10k began to stir and finally opened his eyes while in a daze. I watched as Murphy ran away before Cassandra crept closer to us as I used myself to shield 10k, "I won't let you hurt him Cas," I spoke through my teeth before she turned and ran after Murphy. I watched as z's and people began to close near us as I pulled out one of my guns and started firing, I saw the others take cover behind us as Doc came and grabbed 10k, we hid with the others as Doc looked over 10k, "is he ok," Warren asked she and I fired off a few more rounds, "I think he's temporarily deaf," he explained. Warren came up with a plan for us to split up into groups to cover more ground, I volunteered to go with warren as 10k went with Doc, "ok on my count you go we'll cover you," she said, "I love you," I told him, "what," he yelled back, "I LOVE YOU," I screamed back, he looked at me, "what," he asked; I sighed before I kissed him on the lips, "oh I love you too," he said back as Warren signaled for them to go. Next Mack and Addy left leaving Warren and I, "ok we gotta move now," she yelled as I nodded, we set off the opposite way of Addy and Mack; I got separated from Warren after a car nearly ran me over, 'ok think if you were Murphy where would you hide,' I asked myself as I ran by a motel. I stopped as I back tracked to the side door, 'if this doesn't scream Murphy I'm blind,' I told myself as I ran in from the side door; I pulled out my rifle as I paced down the hallways, all of a sudden I heard Addy screaming. I ran to where I say her fighting off a z, I ran to help her but Mack beat me too it, "you guys ok," I asked as I joined them, "we're ok, where's Warren," Mack asked when he saw I was alone, "we got separated," I told them as we continued down the way. I placed my hand over the center of my chest as I grabbed a fistful if my shirt, "is it one of your feelings," Mack asked as I nodded, "this ones really strong," I said as addy placed her arm around me, "I'm happy you guys are back," I told them with a smile, "it feels as if our family is back together." We basked in the slightly happy moment before that moment was ruined by zombies once again, "Go!," I yelled as we ran down the hallway, Mack leading with me and Addy following, Mack and I turned down a hallway and down some stairs before a horde of z's blocked Addys path. Mack and I flipped on flashlights as we headed down till we reached a door that lead us into another hallway, a few z's ran at us but we took care of them finally we reached a door that would lead us outside, I heard addy yelling for us outside of it as the z's started closing in. Mack pushed me towards the door as I heard him scream and the sicking sound of flesh begin ripped, "MACK!!," I screamed as I tried to help get a few off him, tears were pouring down my face as the door was shoved open and Addy saw the heart breaking scene, she shot Mack as she grabbed my and we shut the door. We went to find Warren as I was a bawling mess, "addy I'm so sorry if I had been paying attention Mack would would," but I couldn't finish my sentence, as she hugged me and we both cried, "don't blame yourself," she told me as we continued to search for Warren and the others. We passed by a house as a car drove through a garage and stopped, "Murphy," addy and i said together as we headed his way, addy brought up her bat before breaking the window and punching him, she dragged him out of the car and opened up a can of whoop ass upon him, I tried to stop her while also keeping Cas at bay. Finally the others caught up and pulled addy off him as I fell to my knees from everything that has happened, "where's Mack," she asked as addy and I started to cry while Warren cried, 10k pulled me into a hug as we all mourned from Mack. "Everyone get in the car," Warren said as 10k handed her some rope, before he helped me into the car and we headed away from this mess of a town.