Chapter 8 part 3

After finding out that I was basically abandoned by my group to stay with my blood family, I spent the rest of the day in a daze. I had no more tears to shed as I just wandered around the compound, I kept wondering why they would leave like that and I know my mom explained why they did but it feels like that isn't the whole truth. My grandparents said I could stay with them so there I was currently seated at the table my broken guns spread across with me trying to salvage them, a cup of tea left forgotten by my side. "Damn it," I mumbled dropping them, "Language," my grandmother said to me as she took my tea cup, "sorry memaw," I said as I the parts into a bag, "why are you deadest fixing those guns we have plenty of weapons," she said sitting by me. I sighed, "they were dads, I inherited them when he died. My weapons and I have history. These guns alone have saved my life on multiple accounts," I explained. "Weapons?" She asked as I nodded, "along with these guns I had a baseball bat when broke when I tried to kill a blaster. And I left my rifle in the car with the other and now their long gone along with my heart," I said as I put my head on the table. She grabbed one of my hands,"Aly your with us now you don't need them we're your family," I looked up at her shocked, "of course I need them. I need all of you I'm not whole useless I have all of you," I said, she frowned as I continued, " I love them sure we have had our ups and downs but what family doesn't. We have been through so much that has made us stronger," I said as my grandfather walked through the door. She looked like she wanted to say something, "I love you guys but I love them also," I said as tears gathered in her eyes, "how could you love people who abused you," she said as my eyes widened and my grandfather rushed over, "Alice you aren't supposed to ask her," he yelled as I pulled my hand away." How am I not supposed to ask" she yelled at him, "those people,nuthatch boy hurt our baby!" "Are you kidding me," I said, "they saved my life, he saved my life none of them hurt me," I yelled at them, "then how did u get those scars," Kelsey's voice came from behind me as she and Torye stood in the doorway, "you all want to know," I asked tears gathering in my eyes as they nodded, "then you might want to have a seat cause it's a long story." And so right there in my grandparents kitchen I stilled my guts on everything that had happened to me, everything from dads death, to Oliver abusing me, to me nearly killing myself to the events that happened yesterday. They all had looks of horror written on their face,"lay we had no idea," my grandfather said as I nodded, "after everything we've been through I just wish i knew exactly why they left me without an explanation," I said as they were all quiet. "It was because of mom," Torye said as I was shocked, "what," I said, "why would she." "She though they were the ones who had given you those scars and when she asked Warren about them Warren didn't and so mom kicked them out," Kelsey said as I was still shocked at this news, "Aly you have to realize that this apocalypse has been hard on her, she lost your father and thought she lost you and she suddenly became the leader of us so she was always trying to protect us, she just want you safe," my grandfather said as I nodded. "Still she might be my mom but I should have had a say in the matter." I said as they nodded, everything was silent as I made up my mind. "I've got to find them, they are my family also and I've got a mission to finish.....will you help me," I asked the four of them. They looked at one another before they nodded in agreement and I smiled "your gonna need a weapon," my grandfather said "and supplies," my grandmother said as they left leaving with my sisters. "We brought you some cloths,"Kelsey said holding out a bag to me. I smiled and hugged both of them close, "I'm so proud of you both and I'm sorry I haven't been around. But I hope you understand why I have to leave," I said as they nodded. I handed them the hand guns, "these were dads guns if you guys could fix them for me so that when I'm done with this mission and come back they'll be waiting for me," I asked as they nodded. I took the bag and went upstairs to my 'room' and changed. I was happy to have new cloths, black shorts and black stockings, a navy tank top with a black kimono jacket and grey converse. I still had my chocker on and small studs in my ears as I pulled on the gloves I had gotten from Frankie as I looked at my self in the mirror.