"What was that for?" I moaned, picking the card out of the milk and throwing it back at him. It just flopped onto the floor, splashing milk as it did.

Jake shrugged. "I thought you might catch it." He smirked.

"I wasn't even looking." I said. "How would I have caught it?"

"Oh, I don't know. You caught the other one." He laughed.

"That was pure luck." I said, continuing to eat my cereal. "Did you literally just come in here to throw a card at my head?"

"Maybe." Jake chuckled. "What are you doing up so early, anyway?"

"I have a tutorial. You?"

"Thought I'd get up to take some early photographs." He said. "It's perfect weather."

I peered out the window. "Wet and foggy?"

"Yep. I'm planning on catching some edgy scenes out there."

"Fair enough." I said, finishing my tea and chucking my bowl and mug into the sink. "I better go."

"Have fun in your tutorial." He said.

"Have fun getting wet in the rain." I said, just as it began to pour hard. I mean, I still had to walk to my tutorial classroom, but at least it would be dry once I got there.

"Maybe I'll take some photos tomorrow." Jake said, seeing the rainfall, and retreated back into his bedroom. I then grabbed my coat, and made my way to meet Kate.

__________

"Hey, Mills." She said, as we began to brisk walk to the classroom.

"Hey." I said. "Let's hurry and get out this rain!"

"Good plan!"

We didn't talk much on the way, but instead focused on getting there and staying as dry as possible. It wasn't that I didn't like the rain- it was that I didn't like the feeling of wet denim jeans and soggy shoes. Thunder rolled in the distance, and lightning lit up the grey skies. I almost felt as if I could feel the lightning on my skin, making the hairs on my arms stand on end and filling me with a strange kind of excitement. Ever since David electrocuted me, I had this constant buzz running through me. I wondered whether David felt this, or whether it was just me. Everything else that happened to me these days always seemed to be an anomaly.

"How was your meeting with David?" Kate asked, as we entered the building where the classroom was.

"Um, it was okay." I said, lying.

"Millie." Kate said, and stopped.

"What?" I asked.

"I'm not an idiot." She said. "Was it bad?"

I sighed. "I mean, it wasn't particularly great." I admitted. Technically I wasn't lying.

"Is that why you skipped our tutorial?" She asked.

I clenched my teeth, forgetting that I'd done that. "Yeah, sorry about that. I guess... I just needed some space."

"But do you think the meetings with David are helping?" She paused. "I mean, I know you had a bad one, but in general?"

"Yeah. I do think they are." I said, still not lying. Just being selective with the truth.

"Then that's good, right? Obviously you're gonna have good and bad days. But I'm here if you want someone new to talk to."

I smiled. "Thanks, Kate. I'm glad I have you looking out for me."

"What are friends for, huh?" She grinned, as we made our way to David's classroom.