12. Don't be afraid

A'N: Hey, everyone! Sorry for the wait. But anyways, here's the new chapter and I hope you all would like it! And here's a banner of Juliet and Clarence. Ain't it lovely? I've just realized that it's my first time posting a picture of Clarence. So I was looking for the perfect match for Hebe (Juliet) and I found him! He's a Taiwanese singer too, and his name is Aaron Yan. :) Gorgeous, isn't he?

P.S. In case you guys missed it, I've posted a youtube link on chapter 1 (That Destined Meeting). It's an awesome trailer! You should check it out if you havent yet ;) Btw, Clarence recently got interviewed! You should check it out and get to know him more! Just click the external link -->

_________________________________________________________

Applause filled the stadium once again. Juliet let out a relieved sigh as she watched the audience happily talking among themselves and the judges were busy writing on their papers.

Looking at her left, she saw James and Simon high-fived each other as Clarence looked at her and smiled again. Butterflies flew around her stomach as she smiled back. His grin grew wider as he walked towards her.  Once he reached her side, his hands found hers and held them tightly.

Juliet didn’t pull her hand back. She also wanted this moment to last. As she was listening to Clarence as he sang his part a while ago, Juliet finally realized that it was time to let go of the past. Time to fly again.

Sam got up the stage again, his wide grin visible even in the distance.

“Marvelous!” he said. “Splendid! Well, that’s Heaven for you. That was their last for tonight,”

As one band, they bowed and exited the stage. They were still grinning and laughing with each other on the backstage. Juliet heard a short scream and suddenly felt a heavy object hug her, causing them to fall on the floor.

Wincing, Juliet looked at what made her fall. She saw Ellie hugging her on the waist, happiness sparkling in her brown eyes.

“That was awesome, Juliet! You were wonderful!” she said.

Before Juliet could respond, she heard James snort and saw him with a mock hurt expression on his face.

“Great. Thanks for telling that, Ellie.” he said with an irritating tone. “Thanks for congratulating Juliet instead of me.”

With a laugh, Ellie stood up and hugged her boyfriend. “Aww, don’t be jealous, James. I already know how great you are. You were wonderful and I’m so proud of you,” She tiptoed and wound her arms around his neck to kiss him, which James happily responded.

Simon, Clarence and Juliet all looked away. It was indeed kind of embarrassing to see them making out in front of them. Simon let out an irritated sigh.

“Geez, get a room, will you?” he said and walked away.

“Where are you going?” Clarence asked. Simon paused and looked back at them with a mischievous expression on his face.

“To find someone,” he said as he left.

“I bet it was that blonde,” Clarence muttered. He turned to Juliet and stuck his hand out to help her stand. She quickly took it and smiled at him as she stood.

“Break it up,” Ellie said when they stared at each other’s eyes for a moment. Juliet was the first to gaze away, her heart thumping so loudly.

“Let’s go, Julie,” she said, taking Juliet’s hand and pulling her to the direction of their dressing room. Without saying a word, Juliet followed her. She wanted to spend some time away from Clarence too, even just for a short while, to organize her feelings first.