11. All I want is to hold you forever

A'N:

Yey! The long wait is over! Let me present this chap to all of you! :) As usual, I've provided a link to the song that I've used here. You can find it on the right side, click and use it as your background music as you read this chapter. And yep, I admit I love the songs from the past because I find them much more meaningful than some of the songs today >.< But don't worry, I'm still a teen :)

I dedicate this chap to all of you, of course, for always being there to read and support this story. But here's a special mention to Samira for messaging me all this time to upload! teehee! I hope you'll like this chap, dear! :)

Love and lyrics, (<-- ain't this line cute? =DD)

Lady Knight

****

The claps echoed like his beating heart. However, as soon as Clarence strummed the guitar, silence filled the stadium as the lights dimmed. Pretty soon, the stage was the only bright place in the now-dark stadium.

The notes of the piano, strums of the guitars, and gentle taps on the drums provided a relaxing symphony to the listening crowd. The judges sat leisurely on their chairs; some even closed their eyes to feel the music.

Smiling, Clarence glanced at Juliet and gave her a subtle wink. She understood his unspoken message and smiled back. Ever so gently, her hands strayed away from the piano and found the mic instead. She picked it up from the side of her piano and slowly walked to the center of the stage as she sang.

“Winter snow is falling down

Children laughing all around

Lights are turning on

Like a fairy tale come true.”

Despite hearing her ethereal voice for so many times now, Clarence still couldn’t believe how lucky he was that he heard her voice that fateful afternoon. He listened to her now, just as he had listened through all those times, with admiration and pride. She was so simple and yet, she made him remember why he had loved music through all these years.

As he strummed the guitar with his skilled fingers, his eyes roamed around to see the response of the crowd. Some had their eyes closed; were they sleeping? It was hard to tell because of the dimmed lights. But they do seem relaxed while others swayed a little to the music. However, he noticed with his critical eyes that some of the guys were looking at Juliet like they were planning something.

Focus, Clarence ordered himself. It would do no good to be distracted now on the part with the highest percentage. He just concentrated on remembering the chords, his fingers a little rough on the guitar strings.

“Sitting by the fire we made

You're the answer when I prayed

I would find someone

and baby I found you.”

Clarence wished that Juliet believed on the words that she was singing. He liked to think of himself as the guy who’ll mend Juliet’s seemingly broken heart, who’ll make her believe that fairytales do come true because he’ll do everything in his power to keep that brilliant smile of hers forever.

He looked at her face like a blind man seeing the first sunrise of his life. She was looking at the crowd, her dazzling emerald eyes twinkling. Her voice, a bit weak on the first, gained power and confidence as she adjusted herself to this new feeling.

Clarence also noticed with growing concern that her body shook so lightly. It was not recognizable from a distance, but as he was playing in a few steps away from her, he could that she was shaking with nervousness and stage fright.