10. Please wait for me

(A'N: Yey! Chapter ten! It's supposed to be longer than this, but I've decided to cut it so that the next song would occupy the whole of chapter eleven. Anyways, I've gone to the Book Cover club and saw this forum about Character Outfit banners. I've decided to try Ella's idea, and I'm amazed with what she has done. So, if you look at the right side of the screen, you can see Juliet there.Ain't she a cutie? Say hi to her! Oh and yeah, I know it's not the one I described on the recent chapter, but this is the best of the three. :D Maybe you guys should try out her forum :) )

Applause and chattering filled the stadium after Clarence finally confessed. The host let out a small scream and fanned his face with his hands. The judges were busy talking among themselves, laughing and smiling. James and Simon high-fived each other as Ellie grinned smugly.

As for Juliet, she felt like she was in a dream. Everything around her seemed slow and silent with that dream-like quality, like the ones seen in the movies. To say she was surprised was an understatement. She never expected that this would happen tonight, nor did she even believe in herself that Clarence would confess to her.

All she could do was stand there, with her eyes still staring right into his eyes. His eyes were the colors of summer leaves, light green with the hints of gold flecks. He was staring at her with a tender and sincere look on his face, and she knew, without a doubt, that Clarence meant what he had just said.

Juliet couldn’t stop the hope that was springing from her heart. She thought that Clarence was just like those stars she gazed at night, beautiful and radiant yet very much out of her reach. Tonight, however, one of the brightest stars in her life had fallen. Had fallen in love with her.

It was like they were in their own world. The lights, the crowd, the ghosts of the past... all seemed to melt away. What matters now was the magic that seemed to envelope them.

Hesitatingly, Juliet walked to his side. The crowd fell silent as his eyes grew wide. She smiled a gentle smile, and placed her hand on his cheek. It felt soft and warm, just like him.

Clarence smiled back. He was gazing at her with such a tender expression on his face that her heart beat erratically. She moved her hand from his cheek and hugged him. Hugged him like she never hugged anyone like that before.

Ignoring the crowd’s growing response to what they were doing. Clarence hugged her back. Juliet placed her head on his chest and she could feel the fast beating of his heart. After a few moments, she moved her hands to cup his face and stared directly at those hazel green eyes.

“Thank you,” she whispered, loud enough so that only Clarence could hear her.

“You’re welcome,” he replied with a smile.

The host hurriedly went to their side to place the mic between them. Ecstatic but still aware with his surrounding, Clarence pushed Sam away, making the host sigh with irritation.

Juliet noticed this and, with some mischievousness that Ellie seemed to have passed on to her, decided to hype the crowd more. She touched his cheek again with her hand and moved closer. His eyes grew wide as the crowd screamed as one.

Instead of kissing him like they thought she would do, she tiptoed and whispered in his ear,