But the longer she stares at me, the more resigned her eyes become.  Her eyes are a tad glassy and that line forming between her brows... ah fuck me!

Betrayal.

There's no mistaking that look.  She sees me here for the wrong reason!  Honestly, I can't blame her, I just wasn't expecting it.  Suddenly the man speaks to her, grabbing her attention, thus breaking our eye contact.  She stares down toward her lap and appears to look like a child caught with their hand in the candy bowl before dinner.  As if he reprimanded her for looking anywhere but down.

Pathetic excuse of a man.

Before I can think any further, a man on a microphone begins speaking.  The auction is starting.  I quickly divert my attention to the speaker and prepare myself to buy my friend's freedom.

After a couple of hours, and a few stolen glances back and forth between Amaris and myself, they finally bring out the females they aim to sell.

These poor girls are young.  So young.  I immediately have to push down the rage that bubbles up in me.  I don't know why I'm shocked; this is mafia business after all.

As the young girls are bought one by one, another set come out.   Jesus Christ!  How many people have they kidnapped?!  I don't want to know.  These ones are young adult females.  Around my age give or take.  The crowd I should be seeing Amaris lined up with, yet she's not.  She's still seated next to, who I've now learned to be, the Penzkov Don.  Or whatever they called him.  The boss dude.

What the hell? Why isn't she up there? This isn't good, not good at all!  If I don't buy something, I'm as good as dead.  Either here by these mobsters or by Luca if I return empty handed.

I decide to be bold and make my way over to Amaris and the boss man.  She widens her eyes and slightly shakes her head.  I'm not sure if she's trying to warn me or trying to express she doesn't want me here. I pretend not to notice.

"Excuse me Don Penzkov." Address him properly and I might get what I want from him, right? Yeah slim chance but it can't hurt. "I came here wanting to buy a female and quite frankly the only one I see that'll satisfy my.. tastes.., is this pretty little thing sitting right here."  I nod my chin towards Amaris as the man slowly acknowledges me.

I'm disgusted in myself for even saying that lie out loud. I slowly swallow the bile back down and purposely ignore her glare. I can't worry about her feelings at this moment.

His eyes narrow before he speaks. "This one isn't for purchase. My apologies that the rest weren't... fitting for you."  He says then stands up and starts waking over to me.

This is where I die for being disrespectful to one of these assholes!  I don't allow myself to show this man I'm intimidated and ready to piss all over myself with his approach, instead I maintain eye contact and keep my posture straight.

Try to read me now, bitch.

I change tactics. "Is this one... not suitable to be sold?"  I inquire, taking a quick peek over at Amaris' frightened face.  She seriously thinks I'm a monster that buys people.  If we both make it out alive, I am going to give her so much shit for ever thinking so low of me.

He rubs his chin for a moment. He's skeptical of me, this I am acutely aware of now. "Nothing wrong with her, but I'd rather keep this one around for a little longer.  I trust your dissatisfaction will let word spread about of the beauty that isn't for auction...quite yet." He seems lost for some words. As if he hasn't fully decided her fate yet. He continues, "It'll draw even bigger crowds once the word is out." The Bratva boss releases a short laugh and gives me a slight nod as he heads back toward Amaris.  He wrenches her up by the arm and guides her in front of him. She steals one final glance my way before entering a room she's led into with him following in behind her.

I shake my head in defeat, and I hope she understands I was here trying to get her free from this shitshow.

A tap on my shoulder has me turning around and looking at one of the biggest dudes I have ever seen in my goddamn life. Please don't be here to kick my ass or kill me.

"You having trouble finding some goods to buy?" He asks me.

I almost laugh with giddiness. Get a grip on yourself Adrian! With a small nod, I answer somewhat truthfully, "Yeah man, I came looking for a female to buy to satisfy all the dirty shit I get cravings for but the only one I saw suitable to my tastes wasn't for sale." I give a disappointed shake of my head and kick my toe into the dirt momentarily.

"Oh that suka with the boss? Heh, yeah a lot us want to sample her but Don Penzkov isn't having it. I'm thinking she might be some little pet to him.  Sorry man, maybe next time we will have a better selection for you." He gives me a slap to the back and walks off.

Well that went smoother than I anticipated.

I make my way back to the tables with just small amounts of shit left on them and decide I better make a purchase before it's too late. I motion for a man to come over so I can give him this money.

"Hey man, I'd like to get these two." I point at the table, shaking my index finger back and forth.

"Six thousand." He says casually.  Damn, the outrageous prices on this bullshit.

Stolen bullshit...

Illegal bullshit...

Dominic will probably turn me into a pile of bullshit for wasting his money on this.

Just picking my poison.  Die from not making a purchase or get stomped for buying something stupid.

"Life's just great," I tell myself silently. I finish with the purchase and proceed to the exit.

Time to report all I can. And let everyone know exactly who has her and what city she's in over here in Russia. She seems relatively safe at the moment. But with the way Penzkov is latching onto her, I can't be certain her safety will stay in effect. Especially if she fights back.

And Amaris is a fighter.