Four: Touch

Niall giggles as he laid on the trampoline with Louis, both the age of 15 at the time while they lazily went through the summer.

Neither had a clue on what to do besides be lazy the entire break, enjoying their stress-free time together as best friends and basically brothers at this point.

The young Irish boy also came to see Liam, figuring out his feelings for the man only recently after walking in on him getting out of the shower. His hormones went everywhere that night and Liam continued to apologize, but Niall wasn't fazed at all.

Liam felt at ease when the young boy didn't react harshly to seeing his nude body, but he did realize that Niall looked almost pleased to see it at the same time.

He didn't think much of it for too long, figuring that it was just a weird day for them both, but he'd try to be more careful around the innocent teenager.

Niall didn't deserve to already be scarred by a bare body, but again, he thinks that it went by without any troubles whatsoever.

Speaking of Niall, he went into the house to grab something to drink, bumping gently into the elder man when making it into the kitchen. He let out a quiet oof when doing so, blushing as he looked up to see Liam.

“S-Sorry, Mr.Payne. I went in here to get some orange juice to only bump into you instead...” Liam chuckled lightly and patted Niall's head, smiling down at him a little bit.

“No worries, love, and please, call me Liam. My father is Mr.Payne.” Niall nodded and went to the refrigerator after grabbing a big enough glass. Liam glanced back at the boy before going to the backyard where Louis still laid on the trampoline.

Niall feels his heart skip a few beats as he thinks of how strong Liam felt against him, his hormones going wild again while he poured the glass of orange juice.

He plopped a few ice cubes into his glass as he put the juice away, making his way towards the backyard again afterward.

When making it there, he sat down next to Liam as Louis played with his sisters, enjoying the time he had left with them until they went off to college. Niall felt bad for his best friend, having gone through the same thing with his brother, Greg.

Liam made sure to make these next few months special for Louis, as a result, making sure he's as happy as can be before watching the girls go off to college.

He already knew that when they leave, there'll have to be some time before he can fully function again. Liam grew strong attachments with his children as Cheryl had been on countless trips for jobs, having no one there for him to please.

But having the kids still with him made everything easier, even if he knew that they'd all be gone eventually. Niall snapped him out of his thoughts though when he felt his head on his own, left shoulder.

Liam smiled down at the boy before looking over to his growing children again, feeling his heart ache at his inner thoughts. But Niall made him calm down with his simple action, the younger boy staring up at the sky as he sipped at his cold beverage.

“When and how did you fall in love, Liam,” Niall asked, a sigh slipping past his thin lips. Liam sighs himself, keeping his eyes on the three who were jumping on the trampoline with smiles on their faces.

“Not too long ago, Niall, but figuring out how to fall in love with someone is simple,” Liam began to speak.

“Whether it be how their simple words can mean so much, or the gestures that get your heart racing... You can't help it as you stare at them constantly, even if it may seem a little weird, but that shows the appreciation that they deserve from you.