Chapter 19

Parker

April 7th, 2014

Chicago

"Wren...Wren was an amazing person. He was connected to nature in a way I've never seen. He was loving, he always took care of me. He always got me mint chocolate chip ice cream when I was sad. He would always come with me to visit my parents' graves. Wren is...was my brother. We miss you, Wren," Iris sniffled as she wiped her tears. Aiden, Claudia, Gale, Conor, Iris, and Parker were gathered around Wren's headstone in the forest beside their new Chicago home. They didn't feel right, leaving Wren next to the old home with no one there to visit. Everyone was either crying or staring at the ground, hearts heavy with sadness and grief. As Iris finally laid down her last flower for Wren, a Wild Angelica, she came over and wrapped her arms around Parker.

"I miss him," Iris whispered, her tears wetting Parker's neck. Parker gently ran her hand down Iris' hair, shushing her.

"I miss him too," Parker sighed. There were no tears left in her. Wren would never have wanted her to mourn. He was an old soul, a lost warlock she had found while traveling in Europe a few years back. He had charmed her with his gentleness and angelic nature. The group stood for a few more moments in silence before heading into the new house.

"I have news for everyone," Parker announced as she stepped away from Iris and looked out of the window,"I'm leaving. Both S.H.I.E.L.D. and HYDRA are looking for me, they want me arrested, and it's not safe for any of you. We have new people joining our family and I expect them to be welcomed with open arms." Aiden walked over to her and grabbed her hands worriedly.

"This isn't about me and Claud, right?" He whispered, eyes wide. Oh yes. Turned out Aiden and Claudia had been dating for quite some time now. Never thought to mention it to Parker though. That stung a bit.

"No, I need to leave. I'll be back. I have to create a new identity for myself. From now on, you've never heard of Clemente Parker. Only Quinn Dame," Parker said to group, pulling away from Aiden. Aiden shoved his hands in his pockets, half-smiling as he head the name.

"We'll miss you, please keep in touch," Conor said as he sped over and gathered her in a warm embrace. She smiled as the rest joined in.

As she got in her taxi to the airport, she felt a great sadness on her chest lift, and she could've sworn it had something to do with her lost Munchkin.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Parker

Mikaelson Mansion

"Well, look at you. The brown hair suits you," remarked Aunt Rebekah as she turned Parker around by the shoulders. Parker chuckled and did a quick spin looking at the mirror. Her first stop after touching down in New Orleans was to visit Rebekah, who offered to help her dye her hair.

"Hmm...I kind of think it resembles more of an auburn," Parker decided as she fluffed up the medium length locks. Rebekah chuckled and left the bedroom, leading Parker into the kitchen.

"So, a new identity? Seems a bit sudden," Rebekah said as she poured some wine and blood for herself and Parker. Parker shrugged as she leaned against the black island in the kitchen.

"Well, my old company is looking to arrest me and the people who once kidnapped me and killed my mother are also after me," Parker said before she downed the wine in one gulp. Rebekah had paused before taking a sip of her cup.