Chapter 11

November 5th, 2013

Parker's Apartment

Parker heard Claudia enter her house but she ignored it. Claudia was leaving today to go to New York with Conor to visit Aiden. There, Claudia was hoping she could get Conor's mind off the problems in Chicago and D.C.

Claudia knocked on her bedroom door, bringing her out of her thoughts. Parker smiled gently, before looking back down to the dog tags in her hand. Her fingers kept running over the inscribed names, the cool metal reminding her of a time long thought to be forgotten. The bed dipped as Claudia sat down next to her.

"I've known you for over 10 years and I've never seen these before."

It was true. Parker had first met Claudia in 1992, when she had gotten out of control after her boyfriend at the time asked her to marry him. She was so upset because if she had married him, she would have had to watch him die. He was the only one she had loved since...since. She couldn't even say his name.

So, she went out of control, after compelling him to forget her and live his life to the fullest. She killed 3 dozen people in one night. And at the end, she broke down in an alley and Claudia had found her.

And the rest is history.

"I... I was in love once," Her voice wavered, "I remember he had the bluest eyes I had ever seen. He was strong, still fighting to survive after all he had been through." Claudia moved closer, tilting her head to see the name. Her eyes widened in shock. Parker smiled and tears gathered in her eyes.

"He was a good soldier. He saved my life," Parker said, and her grip on the dog tags tightened," I can't be with Evan." The tears are streaming down now and Claudia stared at her. But there is no pity. Instead, her best friend just smiled gently.

"I know," Claudia whispered, "You don't love him. I know you. Not the S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent you, but the real you," Claudia grabbed her hand and held tight.

"The girl from Chicago who kicked ass, and still kicks ass now. Sure, a guy stole your heart and then...you lost him. Which really doesn't make sense, because how could you lose a guy, but you know what I mean," Parker was laughing now.

"Claudia, I love you," Parker said as she pulled her in for a hug.

"Love you too, chica, I'm worried. I don't want to leave you alone when you're feeling like this," Parker pulled away and laughed.

"I'll be fine. Come on, let's go see if Felix is torturing Conor," Parker said as she stood up and placed the dog tags on her bedside table. She quickly placed a letter on it, leaving only the name "James" revealed. She smiled before she kissed her fingertips and placed them to the metal.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You should really get your stuff together. You like this guy, the guy likes you. Go for it and jump his bones already."

"Felix!" Parker scolded as she sat next to Conor on her couch. Conor had his head in his hands and looked so...done. Claudia smacked Felix on the back of his head and he yelped.

"Hey! What was that for?" Felix scowled. Claudia only raised an eyebrow and went to the kitchen. Parker leaned closer to Conor while Felix was distracted.

"Are you okay? I know my brother's a bit much," Conor finally looked at her and only gives her a look that said, "You think?"

"Don't think I don't hear you gossiping, sis. It's rude. And I was only teasing Conor about his little crush," Felix smirked, looking like a sneaky little cat. Parker's eyes widened and Claudia peered around the corner.