Chapter 18

Parker

Washington D.C.

April 4th, 2014

Parker scrolled through her contacts as she leaned against Aiden's car, pausing before clicking on the one she wanted to speak to. They had stopped to get gas and Aiden was now renting a hotel room for them. They couldn't go back to Parker's apartment in case it was bugged. After hitting the dial button, the phone rang three times before a voice answered.

"Hello?"

"Wren." The warlock sighed in relief and didn't respond for a few seconds.

"I thought you were dead, Parker. We all did," Wren sniffled and Parker was suddenly reminded that her Munchkins were far too young to be dealing with this type of drama.

"Wren, I am so sorry. But I called to make sure you were all okay. I can't explain everything over the phone. I need you to trust me...Claudia got taken," Parker explained quickly as she closed her eyes and clenched her fist in frustration.

"We can help," Wren stated immediately, "We're family, and Claudia is family." Parker was about to protest but she realized having her Munchkins near her would be useful.

"Fine. Be careful. I will send you the information. Stay safe Wren," Parker whispered before hanging up. She knew Wren was the only one besides herself who could wrangle up all the Munchkins in time. He had always been the most level headed, even though she had found Gale first.

"Hey, I got us a room. Compelled the woman to give us the most private one. What's the plan?" Aiden said as he jogged over from the hotel.

"The Munchkins are coming. When they get here, we'll make the plan. And tomorrow, we infiltrate S.H.I.E.L.D. and get Claudia."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Parker

April 5th, 2014

Triskelion

"Does everyone remember the plan?" Parker asked for the fifth time that day. Everyone groaned but Parker slammed her hand on the table. The Munchkins including Conor had arrived yesterday night and before that Parker and Aiden had spent the day gathering all the equipment they'd need.

"If I hear another groan, a neck is getting snapped," Parker hissed and she heard Aiden let out a soft curse, knowing he'd be the one whose neck she'd end up snapping, "Say it, from the top." Gale sighed but started.

"Using Parker's boytoy Evan's car, I'll drive us all to S.H.I.E.L.D. to the garage where I'll stay parked. Parker and Iris will go inside posing as agents. Aiden will head to the basement where they're most likely keeping Claud,"

"Parker and I will corner Agent Shore and persuade him into giving us his access into the database. Once I hack in, we'll alert Aiden of the location and he'll go in and save Claudia," Iris chimed in.

"Once Aiden gets Claudia, I'll stand guard and make sure everyone gets out. Then, when everyone's back together, Gale drives us to the highway where we switch into the van Conor compelled for us," Wren finished. Parker nodded and let out a shaky breath.

"Alright, perfect. Now, everyone get ready and then we'll head out," Parker commanded and she sat down, preparing to wait for everyone to get ready. Instead, they all just stared at her.