Chapter 12

Classified

She watched as Fury opened the folder in front of him and turned it around to face her. The picture is of a smiling young woman with dark blonde hair and sharp cheekbones. She skimmed over the information and realized that the woman was a Level 7 S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent. She raised an eyebrow at the man across from her and he just shrugged.

"You think she is an Inhuman?"

"Or something else. You never know these days, damn aliens all over the place. That's your job to figure out,"

"And what will happen if she proves to be dangerous?"

"Not if, when. Now go do your job, Romanoff."

~~~

December 22nd, 2013

Triskelion

Parker

"Your brother is driving me nuts."

"Yep. That sounds like him."

"No, seriously Parker. He's freaking moping all over the place about this witch who just broke up with him."

"Michelle?"

"No, the other one?"

"Claire?"

"I don't know! He's just acting all drab."

Parker sighed as Claudia went on and on about how her brother had been upset ever since Claudia and Conor arrived in New York. Today, Claudia and Conor were coming back to D.C. to help her prepare for the Christmas dinner. The Munchkins would be coming over to join the party and she wanted everything to be perfect.

This was the only time of the year that she let the Munchkins come to her house. She was very strict about keeping them safe but this was a season you just couldn't be alone for.

"What time is your flight?" She asked, interrupting Claudia's argument with someone in the background.

"Hey girl, just let me call you back. The flight lands at 7." And with that, Claudia hung up on her. Parker frowned, confused. Claudia had never done that before, and whoever was in the background seemed pretty intent on speaking with her.

Suddenly, her phone beeped with a notification to get to S.H.I.E.L.D. Parker sped around the room, grabbing all she needed before stopping when she was outside her car. She smirked as she got inside. Gotta love that vampire speed. 

~~~

"Parker!" A sharp voice yelled and Parker turned away from her computer to see Phil Coulson. She smiled and went to walk over to him, but stopped when she noticed his face looked anything but pleased.

"What's wrong?" She asked but he didn't answer. She stepped outside to survey the hallway but noticed the building was empty. Typical. They were not taking chances with the secret that Phil Coulson was alive. Suddenly, Phil sighed.

"I need to introduce you to your new partner," Parker's eyes widened, shocked. She and Claudia came into S.H.I.E.L.D. together and they were more than partners, they were sisters.

"New partner? Claudia is my partner, sir," Parker exclaimed but Phil just sighed again.

"The next case we have for you requires experience. We're giving you a new partner who can you assist you. I'm sure you have heard of-" Suddenly Phil was cut off by the sound of boots clanking down the hallway toward Parker's office. Parker almost choked when she recognized the woman.