Chapter 5

Hey guys! Sorry it's taken so long! Between being in NYC and having my internship everyday, AND being sick, I've been far too busy to put this on top of my to do list. But I have the next chapter here for you all! Please enjoy! Vote and comment! [I've been thoroughly enjoying reading all the comments posted so far for all three books :) ]

_______________________________________________________________________

Katie

I looked in the mirror again, Eliza behind me still fluffing my hair. She’d dolled me up for the night, so I actually felt like I looked pretty good. My attire consisted of my favorite lace black dress that hit just mid thigh with lace sleeves down to my elbows. Eliza had given me voluminous waves throughout my dark hair and done my eyes in a dark shadow to accentuate them. I was pretty happy with the final look.

“Ooh girly, you’re gonna get some tonight!”

“ELIZA!” I laughed, smacking her playfully. “None of that!” I snapped at her, but she rolled her eyes at me.

“Oh please. He’s gorgeous, and the last time you got any was years ago. You’re starved and you’re going to give in.”

“You have no faith in my self control.” I sighed, faking hurt.

“Nope.” She popped the ‘p’ and handed me my matching black clutch. “Go get some girly.” She smacked my butt and pushed me toward the door. “It’s nearly seven, he should be here soon.” As if on cue, my phone buzzed with a text notifying me that he was downstairs. I texted him back that I was heading downstairs.

“See you later tonight!” I called back to Eliza as I was leaving.

“If you come back here tonight without trying to get some I’ll disown you!” She shouted back to me before I closed the door.

I smiled as I left my building and saw a car waiting in front. A driver opened the door for me and Chad was seated inside the back seat. “You have a driver?” I asked, feeling a little overwhelmed as I scooted in beside him.

“Good evening to you too, Katie.” He chuckled.

“I’m sorry, it’s great to see you. This is just a lot more than I expected.” I said quickly, looking around the car.

“Someone like you deserves the best.” He put down the partition and told the driver we were set to head out and we were on our way. I felt nervous as we sat in the backseat in silence at first.

“So Chad, what exactly is it that you do?” I asked, hoping to break the awkward silence. He smiled and let out a sigh.

“I’m looking to get into the family business to be honest. Since I’ve already graduated, I’ve been training with my father in managing his hotels.”

“Is that what you want to do?”

He shrugged at first. “I hadn’t really been thinking about what I needed to do for the rest of my life. I was just kind of floating around for a while, living off the family money. But, I’ve realized as of late that I can’t rely on that forever and that I need to start working on my future. My father loves the idea of me taking over and I actually found I like the job.”

“That’s really great! It’s always wonderful to find something you enjoy doing. Not everyone is that lucky.” I pointed out.

I felt the car slowing and I looked out the window to see where we were. The Dorchester. “Chad? No! This place is far too expensive!” I looked between him and the window in shock. His answer was a simple chuckle and a shake of his head before he motioned for me to head outside. The door was opened for me by the driver and I looked back at Chad questioningly before continuing out of the car. Chad held his arm out for me to take and we headed inside. I’d never been inside somewhere this fancy or expensive and I felt very out of place. We were led to our table instantly and I let out a slow breath. “Chad, this is insane.”