Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Katie

I felt my body being shifted on the bed and I managed to open my eyes to see Christine fixing my legs onto the bed. "I'm so sorry. Did I fall asleep?" I asked the obvious question.

"Yes, but it's my fault. I left you in here knowing how drunk you were." She answered sitting beside me and gently moving my hair away from my face. I felt guilty seeing as she wouldn't even be stuck up here with me if not for my stupid plan to distract her. But it seemed like it had worked as I vaguely remembered Greg's voice outside the door before passing out.

"No, I shouldn't have gotten so drunk." Christine shrugged.

"It's a Fiore party, you're supposed to get drunk."

"Fiore scares me." Christine let out a loud laugh at my admission and moved closer, pulling my head into her lap and playing with my hair.

"You poor, poor girl. Don't take it too personally. Fiore is who she is and that doesn't change for anyone. And she's especially protective of Chad." Christine looked thoughtful for a moment. "He's...sensitive and vulnerable. She's...wary of you." She said, seemingly searching for the correct word.

"Well, I'm "wary" of her." I said, using air quotes, though my arms felt very heavy.

"Plus, you're an American." Christine added flippantly. I frowned.

"What's wrong with that?" I asked, though I probably could guess a few reasons. Christine paused for a moment before answering.

"This isn't just any family in UK that you're getting involved with Katie. Not even just some wealthy family, or titled family. It's the royal family. You're not aware of the customs or how we do things here. That worries her a lot as well."

"It worries me too." I admitted.

"Well, just know that we all are here to help whenever you need it. And I'm always around to chat." I smiled.

"I appreciate that, Christine." I finally said, closing my eyes.

Chad

I headed upstairs to where Greg said Christine and Katie both were. According to him, Katie was out for the night. I grumbled as I walked down the hall to Christine's usual room. I had planned to romance Katie a little more tonight, but it seemed that was not in the stars. She had gotten pretty drunk after her talk with Fiore.

I let out a sigh at the thought of Fiore. She was still one of my few weaknesses. The way things had ended between us had been...disastrous. It wasn't a memory I liked to revisit, but was constantly reminded of whenever I saw her. We had resolved it in a way, meaning that we pretended that it wasn't a painful memory.

That was when I had gotten back into things with Anise. Fiore told me it had been a mistake and that she was not worth my time. But for some reason, she kept pulling me back in. It was just so good that I was always willing to overlook the bad. Also, Anise had a place in my past...something I couldn't seem to ignore when she came around.

I came to the room and gave a light knock before opening the door. Christine was cradling Katie's head in her lap and playing with her hair as they spoke, Katie with her eyes closed. "Hm...interesting." I said, folding my arms. Christine looked over to me and Katie opened her eyes, to see me watching them with a teasing expression. "Oh no, don't stop on my account. Please continue."

Christine grabbed a pillow and threw it at me. "Sicko!" She yelled at me, but the wide smile on her face let me know she was kidding as well. I moved over to the bed lying on the other side of Katie and she smiled over at me.