Chapter 7

Hey everyone, here's the next chapter (long time no see, yes...I get it...) I am in a master's program now! I'm a busy girl! Please enjoy! I've also been working on the next chapter of Mystical which has been really hard getting back into, but I'm doing my best. 

On a side note, I'm hooked on the soundtrack of Fifty Shades of Grey. Anyone else listened to it? It's spectacular. I put one of my three favorites from it on the side. My other two are Earned it by The Weekend and Crazy in Love remix by Beyonce. The one to the side is Salted Wound. None of them really work with this chapter, but I don't care. Listen to it anyway. 

I love you guys. Please enjoy :)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Greg

                "Where's Christine?" Eliza asked me, looking around the room. "Let's get this show on the road." She took a long gulp from her cup and shook her head, as if she were getting pumped up for battle. I shook my head with a chortle.

                "Let's get acquainted first so that we don't seem awkward around her. Christine is very smart. If we mess up she'll know the second we do."

                "Okay, so let's go over our backstory again. We met through Katie, instant sparks, we've gone on a few dates, and we've decided that we should start seriously dating."

                "That's very good, You come up with it on the spot?"

                "Not bad, eh?" She replied, a bright smile taking over her face. We learned that Christine had only just arrived and we wanted to bump into her naturally so we took to dancing and chatting while we waited. I learned that she had her heart set on their neighbor, George, who didn't seem to notice she was a woman and treated her like one of the guys. "I just don't know what else to do to make him notice me. I've tried hinting at him for us to watch a movie together and he'll invite his guy friends over, or his roommate will join us and it's not the right setting to try and seduce him or anything. Plus, his roommate is in love with Katie who is in denial that he likes her. SheLs ridiculously innocent, that girl. I've been trying to corrupt her, but it's slow work." I laughed, happy to be learning a little about Katie too. Chad seemed hooked already and I knew he'd been hurt enough through the years.

                "So, Katie seems happy with Chad then? At least from your end?" I asked and Eliza shrugged.

                "I mean, she seems a little overwhelmed and puzzled and happy all at once. She didn't want to get involved with anyone so quickly after finding a job, especially someone associated with her job, but I told her these things just happen, you don't always plan for them. I think they could make a good match. The only thing i that I feel like Chad might not be ready for another relationship quite yet, and I don't want my Katie getting hurt. She's probably the most fragile person I know, and she's been very hurt before. I will make sure she doesn't get hurt again." She said, a warning flashing in her eyes.

                "Chad's been hurt several times in the past too, Eliza. I know he doesn't want to be the one causing the pain."

                "I assure you that the hurt Chad has experienced is not the type of hurt Katie did. And that's all I'll say about it." She said with finality. We started talking about how she could improve her situation with George when I heard a familiar voice from behind me with Fiore. I turned quickly, Eliza in my arms still and my eyes instantly met with beautiful sapphire irises that I recognized immediately.

                "Greg! You didn't say hi to me earlier you know." Fiore pushed her way closer to us, Christine on her arm. Fiore hadn't been informed of the plan, but from what Chad had told me, she hated Micah with a passion and believed that he wasn't worth Christine's time of day. With that in mind, Fiore had her own plans. Knowing Fiore, I was not sure I wanted them disclosed to me.