Chapter 4

Hey guys, it's officially my summer vacation! Kind of...I start my internship in NYC in June, so I'll be a lot busier once it starts. I'll try and write as much as possible before then. 

Hope you all enjoy!!!!!

__________________________________________________________

Christine

As Ian did want some alone time with Lana following the interviews, I found myself aimlessly wandering the halls, bored. Micah had had to cancel dinner for tonight as he had something for school he had to attend, so therefore, I was left to fend for myself. I could always have dinner with mum and dad in the dining hall like we used to, but things like that were never the same after Ian and Lana left. After all that had happened, after everyone seemed to move on with their lives, the palace seemed empty.

I felt empty.

That realization hurt my stomach and I sat down in the study, sadly thinking about how much I really missed all those years ago. When Lana had first gotten here, and things had seemed so much simpler. So much easier. I felt a part of a real family then, we were all so close. But as of late, we all seemed so far apart. The fact that we were all back in the house again was an insane and wonderful occurrence, but we hadn’t cashed in on the opportunity yet. I placed my fist in my palm determinedly, and smiled. That’s what I’d do. I needed to plan something for all of us to come together again. But what exactly…

Fiore. Yes. One of our classic Fiore parties. It was a great idea. And I was sure Fiore wouldn’t have a problem with it. I knew I was having an engagement party in two weeks, but in all honesty, that would be a public and very formal event. I wanted something wild, something crazy where we could all be ourselves together again. I wanted it back. I wanted my past back.

But a voice nagged at the back of my mind, “We can’t regain our past. It’s gone.”

I ignored it though, and took out my phone to call Fiore. “Hello?” I heard her bright voice at the other end and I felt a sigh of relief pass through me. When was the last time we had spent any time together since I started dating Micah? Micah didn’t tend to like being around Fiore, and therefore my time with her had dwindled into nothing. I felt awful at that insight.

“Fiore? Long time no talk…” I started awkwardly and I heard her harrumph at the other end.

“You’re telling me? How’s your boy toy?”

“Micah’s fine…just fine.”

“I meant Greg. I hear he’s back.”

“Fiore!” I snapped.

“What? Don’t lie to me honey. You still have a soft spot for him, right? So how is it having him back there?” She continued, not letting me answer the first question.

“Oh, well…awkward to put it simply. I don’t really know how to handle the situation.”

“We’ll discuss that in person, because you owe me some serious one-on-one girl time.”

“Yes ma’am.” I replied, a smile blooming on my lips.

“So, to what to I owe the honor of this call?” She asked, getting to the point. Fiore was never one to beat around the bush.

“Right, well…I figured since everyone’s back in close-quarters, we should plan something big for us all to attend. Something that brings back the old times a bit, you know what I mean?”

“Yes. I get you dear. Saturday night. Tell everyone to be there or else.”

“The only catch is Lana can’t really do too much because she’s on bed rest.”