Shoes & Classes

In the Glass Slipper Shoe Store, Ashlynn and Alisonella are patiently waiting for shoes and Hunter to arrives from the back door carrying several shoe boxes.

Ashlynn and I were talking in the Glass Slipper waiting for Hunter to bring the new shipment.

"Okay, so you have to tell me. What is going on between you and Jace? I mean he obviously likes you and I know you like him....sooo why not go after your prince?",Ashlynn asks me as I look around embarrassed that my crush on Jace was that obvious.

"I don't know he is always so secretive. Ya know? I am not sure if he does like me and if he does wouldn't he have asked me out? I mean I think we almost kissed the other day but maybe I ju---"

"Wait!", Ashlynn screams interrupting me,"You two almost kissed and you didn't tell me! Not fair I tell you everything between Hunter and me."

"That is because there is actually a Hunter and you. I don't know if he likes me back.",I said sadly thinking maybe Jace has just been a good friend lately.

"He definitely likes you. I mean he has liked you ever since spellementary.", Ashlynn says.

Just as I was about to question, Hunter comes in holding a tower of shoes covering his face.

"I got the shoes! Now, how about a hug for your hero?", he says with a manly voice obviously trying to impress Ash.

Ashlynn rolls her eyes at him before giving me a look and joking,"Why, I hope that's you, Hunter."

"You know it, pumpkin.", he says dropping all the boxes as he picks up Aslyn and swings her in the air. They look so happy together; I want that with somebody one day, I know it. Jace immediately pops up in my head after that thought.

"Thank you so much for getting these!", I say with a smile giving Hunter a quick hug after he lets go of Ashlynn. Aslynn finishes my statement with,"And now, you have to leave."

Hunter has a frown of confusion saying,"Huh?"

Ashlynn frowns as well giving Hunter a sympathetic look before saying,"Sorry sweetie, but I have less than an hour to set up the display for these new shoes. Blondie and Briar are gonna be here any minute, and they can't know about us."

"Well maybe—", Hunter tries as Ash pushes him out the door.

"Uh huh, sounds great! You are the best!",she says before slamming the door on his face.

Blondie and Briar gather in Ashlynn's shoe store a few minutes after Ash kicked out Hunter.

Ashlynn and I both say in unison,"Thanks for helping, you guys. Now, we don't have much time, but—" before looking at each other and smiling.

"No problem, Ashlynn. I see where you have the platforms set up, and I would move it 20 inches to the left so the natural light hits the shoes, giving them that halo effect. Just right! Right?", Blondie says squinting her eye to see exactly where it needs to go.

"Um... I guess? Heh. Briar, thoughts?", Ashlynn says.

Ashlynn looks to see Briar snoring on a pile of shoes. I look at the clock and see that we have little time left.

Ashlynn and I are both looking out the window at the crowds of people while ignoring Blondie's rant about glass slippers.

"We've only unpacked one box so far. And the store opens in less than a minute! We're never gonna make it!", Ashlynn says giving me a distressed look.

Hunter then bursts into the room chasing after a squirrel shouting,"You can run, you squirrel, but you can't hide!"

"Hunter, no!",Ash and I both shout in distress.