"Now, these are only for you two," he warned, jerking them in his hands so they made a rattling jingle noise. It held the twos focus. "This is the only key to the locked guest bedroom upstairs at the very end of the hallway."

Abagail rolled her eyes, a small smirk gracing her full mouth. Daniel's own mouth simply dropped open in shock, his eyes wide. Mason watched his cheeks turn a fabulous flaming red, gasping in shock at the birthday boy's insinuation.

"Have fun kids," Mason said. He was truly the best party mum any young werewolf could ask for.

Mason waited with baited breaths for Abagail to snap at him like a maniac. Or for Daniel to get worked up and flustered. But neither of them did what he expected.

Abagail was the first to break from their shocked trance. "You, my friend, are a dick," she said, not being able to wipe the grin off her face. Reaching out, she snatched the keys from his outstretched hand.

Mason laughed. A wholesome, genuine laugh. The best he could do despite his panicking. Offering her a mock salute, Mason darted off back into the crowd with a smile on his face.

He took any distraction that warded him away from the ticking of time.

***

Daniel looked to Abagail as she pocketed the keys. He couldn't believe Abagail could have that smug look on her face from Mason's blatant insinuation. He knew their friends were involved in their life, but damn were they involved. Daniel had nothing to complain about, as Abagail pulled him closer by his waist.

The dancing crowd formed around them as she leant into his ear. To whisper into his ear sexily. "You just tell me whenever you can't handle it and we can go up there." She pulled back, slyly grinning, pressing herself against his chest. She ran her tongue along her teeth, eyeing him with lust filled eyes.

"What do you mean if I can't handle it?" He asked innocently, the music thudding along him. He wondered why she would think he couldn't handle all the people at the party. Tagging along with Abagail to these had made him more than comfortable in this environment.

Her grin seemed to widen, as he felt her hips dragged along his. Their groins grinding together with delicious friction. Daniel froze with a blush. He should have known by now. He wanted to face palm himself so hard for not spotting and knowing what she meant.

You just tell me whenever you can't handle it and we can go up there.

Abagail, realising on the same page, took that as ample reason to continue. Turning her back on him, she walked through the crowd. Leaving him.

He knew he was supposed to follow, as Abagail stopped at the drink table, two cups in hand faster than he had seen her pour them. Their eyes met again. He stayed in place. In the middle of the dance floor. His eyes locked and trained on his girlfriend. She knew he hadn't followed, and she was simply waiting for him to do so.

She pressed her back against the wall, looking at him darkly over her cup, his waiting for him to come and claim it. Her legs were crossed over, the perfect air of chill.

Everyone seemed to be moving around them. The rest of the party felt like it had cascaded into darkness. Like nobody else was there in this moment. The path seemed to stay open between him and Abagail. They were the only ones that were alight. Alive. It was as if the sun had come out again only to shine on her. On the light between them, to mark his path. It felt like it was only lighting him up just because she was looking at him.

For such a misbehaving girl, she looked like an angel.

It might have been his werewolf senses... But she was everything. Every little rise and fall of her full chest. Every movement of her throat as she took a sip from her cup. It gave him life.