-𝐰𝐨𝐥𝐟𝐠𝐚𝐧𝐠 (𝐫𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐝)

For -laurbearr

PART ONE

We had been walking home from school. I carried some of his books for him, even though I didn't have to, I wanted to. I thought it might take the stress off of his shoulders, since earlier I walked up on some kids picking on him.

Wolfgang hadn't spoken a word. He only stared down with his books clutched to his chest and silence was louder than ever. Until I spoke,

"You're okay, now?" He nodded slowly, adjusting the glasses on the bridge of his nose.

"They didn't hurt you too bad did they?" I asked, swallowing hard.

Wolfgang stopped, his eyes just stared into mine, his mouth slightly open,

"No." He said finally, after a slight pause.

I didn't wanna say anything else. I didn't want to stomp over his feelings, like those kids had. I felt sorry for him. He was so smart, and they teased him. They teased him so much, I don't think it even hurt him anymore.

"Erin, I don't want you to worry about me. So, let's just forget about it, okay?"

I shook my head, slowly. By then, he started walking faster, and I tried my best to keep up.

"No. No, I'm not worried...I'm just caring for you, you know, like a friend should."

"Yeah, well don't. Don't care for me, I can care for myself."

It was hard hearing him say that. It was like he didn't need me almost.

I liked him. I liked him a lot. I just didn't know if he could see that, because maybe he just didn't see me in that way. I wondered if he noticed how my cheeks would flush and I'd start shy around him. Maybe he hadn't.

"Listen Wolfgang, I just don't like seeing you hurt. I'm trying to help, before you kill yourself or something."

Those words touched me, maybe more than they touched him. I couldn't imagine life without him here. It kind of worried me. Though, I know that Wolfgang's too smart for that, it still scared me.

He stopped again, this time looking down at his shoes,

"What? Why would you think that? I'd never kill myself. In my opinion, suicide is a very selfish thing to do." He replied, holding his books tight to his chest.

I nodded, feeling a little more comfortable. We started walking again.

"...Like I said, you don't have to worry about me."

I sighed. I couldn't take him saying that. That I didn't need to worry about him, when all I was doing was caring and trying to help. Most friends don't even think to ask if you're alright, they just go about their day because they think you're fine, when really you're breaking on the inside. It's like they don't care. I care. I care about Wolfgang, probably more than anyone else has cared about him. It hurt me that he couldn't see that.

"You know what, you're right. I'm sorry for caring about you Wolfgang. Even though those boys could have hurt you, badly..."

I don't know. I kind of started crying. My face just got real hot at the thought of someone hurting him. I walked past him, wishing I could just go home and cry into my pillow.

"Erin! Erin, wait!" I stopped, turning around to look at him, wiping my eyes.

"I'm sorry. I am."

"Yeah, it's okay, I guess."

He neared closer to me, his eyes blinked fast, and my heart got heavy.

"Those boys...all they know how to do, is pick on me. And, I don't know, I guess I don't like to see the girl that I like see that...them, teasing me, I mean." He stomped.

I felt something, tickling at my fingertips, as I held the books under my other arm. I looked down to then see his hand locking with mine.

"You like me?" I asked, trying to drain the curiosity in my voice. A small smile tugged at his lips,

"Yeah. It wasn't obvious? Not that I tried to make it, obvious."

I stopped, looking at him closely.

"Wait, like like? Like a girlfriend?"

That felt weird, saying it out loud. He nodded, quickly,

"Yes. Do you like me, like a boyfriend?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. This crazy grin spread on my lips as I nodded quickly, pushing my black hair behind my ear.

"Yeah, I like you...an abundance?"

That didn't make sense, but it was one of the words he had taught me, apparently it's a synonym for 'a lot' or 'many'

He laughed, "I like you...an abundance, also."

I smiled, then hugging him. It was new to me, hugging him like that, because I usually hadn't. After I pulled away from him, our eyes touched longer than they should have.

"Erin...would you date me? I just think you're very intelligent, and beautiful. So, will you?" I giggled, then nodding slowly,

"Yeah. Of course." We then started walking again, finally reaching my house. I stopped on the steps, handing him his books. I then started leaning close to him, then planting a tiny kiss on his cheek. A crimson color fell on his cheeks as he blinked nervously. I turned around, starting towards the door, but then I turned back around to catch that glimpse in his diamond blue eyes,

"Hey! I love you, Wolfgang."

"I love you too." 

🌹

(A/N)

I hoped you somewhat enjoyed this. I worked hard on it. If you don't like it, I can make some changes if you want. :) also, if there are some mistakes in this, will you please let me know? K thanks.