-𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐞

I was crying, I was in disbelief that someone could actually hurt another person that way. I had convinced myself that It was okay, and that he was okay, and that there was something wrong with me. I told myself that it was me not him.

I was wrong.

He had cheated on me. He had hurt me, badly.

I told him things, now I wonder if he even listened. Now, I think our love was a joke, and he was playing me. He had me wrapped around his finger and I didn't even know.

I remember shaking under the cold rain, trying to find my way to River's door.

I knock slightly, and then he opens the door after a while. His eyes have a perplexed gleam in them.

"Y/n? Get in here, what's wrong?"

He pulls me inside, holding me to his chest as I cry, soaking his sweater with my tears.

I couldn't speak, the tears got the best of me.

"Shh, don't cry...what's wrong?"

He sits me down on his couch, kneeling down while holding my arms.

"He's such an asshole, River." I told him, and I was a sobbing mess.

He knew who I was talking about and I could tell, by the look in his eye, he wanted to scream. River didn't like him, he thought Mark was horrible to me. I remember when River had yelled at me, because he thought I was stubborn and dumb for liking someone like that. He was right.

"What did he do?"

"He cheated on me. I came home and he was fucking some girl."

River's eyes widen. Then, he just stares at me. He sees the pain in my eyes and he doesn't want to, but he can't ignore it either.

Then, he hugs me tightly. Tight, but close. So close I can hear his heart beat.

Then, I don't feel like crying no more. Then, I just look up at him and he stares down at me.

We were only best friends. I went to River if I needed something, if I wanted to talk to him, I could, because he would listen and actually care. It was just that at this moment, something had sparked in his eyes, and it was irristible.

We lean in closer, and closer, and closer. Until our lips touched.

You know that feeling when you have butterflies in your stomach and your heart feels as if it skipped a beat? That's what kissing River was like.

His lips release from mine, and now we're staring at each other in awkward silence. Until he opens his mouth slightly, still holding me close.

"I love you and you don't have to worry about him hurting you ever again, because I'm here. He won't hurt you anymore...trust me."

"Okay."

I kiss his lips again and I knew that's all I ever wanted.

Him.