-𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐩𝐞

He had long blonde hair and glistening blue eyes. He had told me his name was Johnny Wilson when he got here, but it wasn't. It was Danny...Danny Pope.

It had been about three weeks when he had finally gotten the courage to tell me that. Even though it'd get him in trouble. Possibly even I'd be in trouble.

Danny and I talked to each other. We sat in the treehouse in my backyard, and we just talked.

We could talk about nonsense and it'd only make sense to us.

It's crazy that I could talk to him about anything and he'd listen.

I remember sitting up there in the treehouse, letting our feet hang out from the entrance.

Danny was more quiet than usual and instead of taking quick glances at me, he'd stare at me for the longest.

I didn't have a problem with it though.

It was quiet that day. Until Danny broke the silence.

"Can I ask you something?"

I look at him, his blue eyes sparkling under the sunlight.

"Yeah, what is it?"

He's hesitant as he licks his lips.

"Have you ever been in love before?"

I look down and nod, a smile being molded into my face. Being in love was like a drug, but sometimes it's the best drug.

"Yeah...it's a great feeling. Why?"

He smiles warmly, sending shivers down my spine. He shrugs, and then he stares at me.

That stare gave me butterflies. His eyes were beautiful and I loved that. I could feel myself falling in love.

"I dunno...sometimes I think I'm in love, you know?"

I look at him, this time not breaking gaze with his beautiful eyes.

"With who, Danny?" I ask him.

He bites his lip,

".....With you, Y/n."

At that moment, my cheeks had turned rosey. I started wondering why a boy like him, would fall in love with a girl like me.

It didn't seem possible. I smiled brightly, tucking my hair behind my ear.

"Me? Why do you think you're in love with me?"

He skoots in closer to me, placing his hand on mine, and I felt my whole world stop.

"Well, there's a bunch of reasons to why I'm in love with you. There's too many reasons." I stare at him. It's crazy how people know you, more than you know yourself, and then they fall in love.

"What's so special about me, Danny?" I ask him, in all seriousness. I never thought there would be something so special about me, so special, that he'd fall in love with me.

He smiles warmly, so warm it sends a shiver down my spine. "Everything, really." He says finally and after that, I felt myself leaning in. He leaned in as well. Then, our lips touched.

Kissing him made everything seem...invisible, as if we were the only two in the world. As if it were just us.

His hands cup my face, and my hand lies gently on his chest, as our lips clasp onto each other. Then, our faces part. Danny's eyes stare into my soul. He pecks me one more time on the lips.

I can see that his cheeks are pink, and I smile brightly. "I love you, Y/n." He had never said the words before, no one had. So when he did, it felt new.

"Yeah, I love you too, Danny." I tell him, the words so sincere. Danny made me feel things, things I wanted to feel, things I don't think anyone other than Danny could make me feel. I loved that.

(For all the people who added this book to their library, I'm sorry, it's been forever since I've updated. The reason why? Well, I got really bad writers block. Really, honestly sorry.)

Hope you enjoyed.