-𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮

The night was cold and lonely and it grew darker as I sat in my bed finishing up my homework.

The sound of a light tapping on my window, which came from the big tall oak tree that stood tall and strong.

The sound of Martika's Toy Soldiers on my boombox, turned up not too loud and not too quiet.

The wind whispers outside my window, and it felt like everything was empty for a moment.

I scratched my head, ready to move on to the next problem, but then there was a knocking. It was loud and hard.

I got up quickly and alarmed, pulling down the big T-shirt I wore on nights like this.

Behind the window, was an outline of a figure. I could see the strands of it's long blonde hair shining in the light of the streetlights.

The eyes of the mysterious figure seemed blue and they caught my eyes immediately, as they glowed behind the glass.

I opened the window to a blonde haired boy with eyes that glittered under the moonlight and the stars. He was sitting on a branch, a crazy smirk on his face. I gripped his hands, pulling him into my bedroom.

He grunted softly as he made a soft landing on the floor, then standing up in front of me.

I was met with his lovely smile and cornflower blue eyes.

"River! What the hell are you doing?" I whisper to him, laughing as I tucked his hair behind his ear.

"I wanted to see you."

He says, making my cheeks light up and my eyes spark.

I wanted to see him too. River Phoenix was the only friend I had. The only one I could talk to.

"What were you doing?" He says, still grinning crazily.

"My homework."

I sit down in the middle of my bed, next to a binder with papers scattered around it.

"What is that? Math?"

"Yeah."

"...Sucks to be doing math on a Saturday night."

"Yeah, I know..."

I sigh heavily, staring down at the sheet of paper with scribbled equations on it.

My eyes were on the paper, but I could tell his eyes were on me.

"You need help?"

"Not really, River...but thanks."

"Hey um...you still talk to that guy?"

I look up at him. He draws lines on the sheets with his finger as he stares down. I knew who River was talking about. He had been talking about that dark haired boy with the big brown eyes...Wil. Wil and I were only friends nothing more, but River and I were best friends.

"Who? Wil?"

"Yeah, him."

"Yeah, we talk. Why?"

"I dunno...you like him?"

River's voice weakened as the sentence fell from his lips, for some reason making my heart race. When I looked at Wil, all I could see was a buddy, a friend and nothing else, but when I looked at River, his smile...his eyes...his voice, it all sent shivers down my spine, and it made me weak.

I shake my head in sureness.

"No! Why?"

"I mean...you're always laughing at his jokes. It's like you're in love almost."

I roll my eyes, shaking my head. Wil couldn't compare to River. He was an awesome guy, but River was beyond words could explain.

"I'm not in love, River."

My eyebrows furrow, and I began in a serious state. It was something about being in love with someone other than River that irritated me. I could see it in his eyes, he had thought I wanted this boy, which wasn't the truth, because I had wanted him.

I wondered if he could hear the honesty in my tone.

"There's nothing wrong with being in love, Y/n-"

"I'm not in love with him!"

River's eyes winced, and his blue eyes, that were once electric, were now cloudy.

"Okay, geez."

"I'm sorry...I just don't see Wil in that way."

"Okay."

The silence in the room was overwhelming. All that could be heard was the hard wind outside.

I looked up at River. At that moment, he ran his fingers through his golden hair.

"....Do you like anyone?"

He says, his voice unfamiliar.

I look up to stare at his glistening blue eyes...I fell in love with those eyes.

The look he was giving me, made me gulp. I didn't know how to tell him, that the boy I liked, was sitting right in front of me.

"Maybe..."

"Yeah, who?"

He says, not taking 'maybe' for an answer. He could see it in my eyes, that I wanted someone.

"Someone..."

"Y/n...who is it?"

The emotions built inside of me.

"If I tell you...you won't make it awkward, would you?"

"Um...no."

The confusion was clear in his voice.

"....Maybe I like you, and maybe I don't."

A smirk began on my lips. It soon disappeared when his face went pale. My heart beating outside my chest and my face turning red hot.

I messed up. Knowing that he asked me, and I gave him an answer...I still felt guilty for the look on his face.

"Y/n. You like me?"

I nod slowly, the blood returning to my cheeks.

River's face was solid, then slowly he formed a smile on his lips, and his face returned to its natural color. Which made my heart beat faster, in a good way.

"Well, what if I said...that, I liked you too."

"River what are you trying to say?"

"I don't know...I guess I kind of like you too."

The emotions that build inside of me, soon released and I felt comfortable and happy. I felt like the sight of a beautiful landscape. That feeling you get when you see something beautiful. It's like you stare at it in disbelief yet you love what you're seeing. I loved the fact that he liked me the way I liked him. Although it felt unrealistic, yet it felt so real.

I watched him, and the way we could just look at each other and start laughing was the best feeling. I wanted to kiss him. But something told me that I wasn't ready.

Though I knew River, I knew his heart and if we were ever to begin a new relationship, River would be there for me.

🌹

(A/N)

Before I get some hate or whatever, I just wanna say, Wil Wheaton is a cinabun. Also, I might do short, little gif imagines, but Idk.