Chapter III

That night, Lauren had to carry the brunette into the room she gave her. Camila had fallen asleep right in her arms just a few minutes ago and the green-eyed girl didn't want to wake her up. The girl had been crying all night and the last thing she wanted to do was to make her cry even more. The golden retriever had been following behind them silently, knowing not make any sound.

The green-eyed girl looked down at the beautiful brunette who was silently snoring in her grasp. She smiled to herself, adoring the other girl's peaceful facial features that had finally been able to be seen again. She continued walking down the hallway until she reached the room and carefully opened the door to the candlelight scented room with one hand and silently went in. She carefully laid the small girl on the bed before moving to the side of it to tuck her in and lightly pulled the blanket up to the petite girl's neck. That was when Roy had jumped up on her bed and lied down next to her.

Lauren chuckled to herself when she saw Camila cuddled up in the large blanket as the girl smiled contently while petting the dog.

"Why didn't you tell me you were awake?"

Camila giggled while her eyes were slightly still closed. "Well, if I did, you wouldn't have carried me here."

Lauren just laughed and shook her head while she sat down on the edge of the bed, next to the brunette's legs. "You little brat."

Camila shifted in her bed to face the older girl with an amused grin. "Whatcha gonna do about it?"

Lauren tilted her head and looked into the brunette's eyes. "Who are you to tell me what I'm gonna do or not when you're in that state..." She trailed off with a mischevious smile, pointing out the brunette's injuries. She watched how Camila had an eyebrow arched up with a confused expression on her face. "I think you've already done enough damage to yourself."

Camila scoffed with an eye roll after sitting up against the bed frame. The green-eyed girl stared into her eyes and licked her lips. That's when suddenly, a question came up in her head again. The conversation that they were supposed to have yesterday. But, she didn't know if they should. She didn't know how the small girl would take it. Just seeing her in the miserable state that she had been in just a few moments ago had already made her feel guilty and helpless, not being able to understand the girl quite as much as she wanted to. That's the other thing though. Once they're able to have this conversation, Lauren could probably be able to help her. She'd understand her more clearly and get to know her better. She would finally be able to hear her story and everything she had been through. Maybe that would be the better option. Maybe.  

Lauren sighed quietly to herself before broaching the topic. "Um, Camila," Lauren started hesitantly, taking another glance at the brunette before continuing. "Why were you out there?"

Camila's face suddenly dropped and turned into a nervous one. She clenched her fists, roughly grabbing the sheet of the mattress underneath her. She averted her eyes to look away from Lauren, who was just watching her with concern. "Um, I-I..." She stuttered, not feeling comfortable with the subject. "I r-ran away."

Camila saw how Lauren frowned and seemed confused. The green-eyed girl might've had a million questions wandering in her head by now. The small girl wasn't sure what to say or how to talk about this, not even sure if she wanted to. She knew this had to happen either way though, Lauren deserved at least some sort of explanation after everything she had done for her. She couldn't imagine how things would've gone if Lauren hadn't found her. As much as she doesn't want to continue with it, she had to.

They stayed in silence for a moment, both girls weren't sure how to continue the conversation. Roy had just been watching the two back and forth, being all innocent and not knowing anything that had been going on. Camila fiddled with her fingers nervously while shyly taking a few small glances of the older girl, waiting for her to resume.