Chapter 3 Mother of God... He's here!

Again,  a thank you to all those who read and reviewed my story. To my fans...

Here, Enjoy!

Thud.  Thud.  Thud. 

My footsteps sounded loud in the empty street that lead to my home.

My home. Hell! I just hope Bobby isn't back from the bar yet. I checked my watch for the millionth time. It was 11.30 pm. That's when I saw 'it' just below the watch on my wrist. 

A faint sketchy heart that looked as if it were a tattoo. I traced my hand against it. I gasped. It felt wierdly tingly. I traced again and again just to see if the tingles would last. Yes, it lasted. 

What was that? I had never gotten a tattoo. I never drew silly things on my hand or my wrists or anywhere for that matter. Where had it come from?

Well, probably it would wear off after a good shower. I winced at the thought of going home. I was supposed to be dead by now. Probably, floating somewhere in the North Pacific ocean. 

Ugh! All because of Nathan... Nathan? My body shuddered at the thought of him. Take control, woman. I told myself.

My idea was nice and simple until he tried to 'save' me from the suicide I was commiting. Why did he do it though? He must be trying to be nice to me.Yes. That must be it. But our whole conversation replayed in my mind...

His touch, so gentle, like I was something so precious and fragile. The way he held me, like he didn't want me to go away from him. And when he kissed me on the cheek... gentle soft lips. My knees began to tremble as I recalled it. 

I closed my eyes and took a deep breathe. That was a one time and one time only. He is some stranger, a very kind stranger who decided to help me and knock some sense into my stupid brain that suicide was'nt the only option. But at the back of my head, I couldn't help wish that I could somehow meet him again. 

I sighed as I stopped. I had reached home. HOME!

I crept silently to the door and as I was about to reach for the door handle, but it flung open. I squeecked in  horror. 

There stood a very, very angry and drunken Bobby. "Bobby..." I whispered. He never reached home before 12. I backed off as he reached for me. 

"Where were you, Bitch? Where is dinner?" he slurred. No. No. No. I squeezed my eyes shut as I waited for the blow. My cheeks  stinged. I opened my eyes just as he caught a fistful of my hair and dragged me painfully to the kitchen. 

"Do you want, punishment?" he grunted as I saw him pick out a kitchen knife from the corner of my eye. 

"NO! Please don't! I am sorry I won't do it ever again!" I pleaded, tears rolling down my face as I screamed in pain when the knife met my arm and stomach. The pain excruciating as he sliced through my skin. I cried out in pain.

"That ought to teach you, that I FUCKING want my FOOD on time" saying that he tossed the knife and left. 

I looked blurry eyed at my body. My shirt was soaked in blood. Blood was everywhere. As I raised my hand to wipe my tears, my arm hurt like hell. I screamed another time. 

.

.

.

After a long time, I sat on my bed. Dressed in clean clothes and my arm and stomach covered in neat bandages made out of torn shirts. I cursed myself for not commiting suicide and going through all this. I would have rested in peace, instead I was going through a hell lot of pain. I cried myself to sleep for the millionth time.

Next Day...

The bright sunshine through my window interrupted my sleep. I squeezed my eyes shut. But the alarm went off and I bolted awake to shut it out. That caused a lot of pain and I remembered last night's abuse. But I also remembered Nathan. Our 'incident' seemed like a dream. I began to wonder if it had happened at all...

I dressed for school in clothes that made sure it covered up my body. I didn't care about fashion, all that mattered was clothes covering my body. I never went out for shopping. The only time I got outside the house was to go to school and grocery shopping, that was the only time I bought clothes. IF they were affordable. 

I creeped my way downstairs and rushed out the door. I never had breakfast or lunch for that matter. I ate a small amount when I made food for Bobby at night. That was the food for me. I ocassionally got hungry.

I sighed as I made my way to school. Somehow all through the walk all I could think about was Nathan, the mysterious guy who had helped me out at the cliff. But again, everything seemed like a dream. A beautiful, beautiful dream. But I was pretty sure I could'nt make up the sensations with him all by myself. That reminded me of my so called tattoo, that I never got. 

Yes, it was still there. I rubbed it again. And again I got the tingles, only stronger this time. I gasped. What was that? I shook my head. What was up with me lately. I pulled my hood over my head and made my way through the building and to my first class. My hood covered the bruise on my cheek and half my face. With my head bent I made my way through the room. I always sat on the last bench. Once in my seat, I buried my head down under the desk where I sat drawing on my sketch pad.

Suddenly the chatter in the room quited down. I didn't bother to look up. Mr. Johnson had already arrived I guess, but there were some whispers around the room.

"Omygod! He's so freaking handsome!!" a girl near me whispered. My concentration still on my sketch pad. "This is our new student, please introduce yourself" Mr. Johnson said. 

"Hello. My name is Nathan, Nathan Blackburn." a familiar voice... My head snapped up.

I gasped, loudly, when I saw angel, Nathan from the cliff. All heads in the room turned in my direction. Everyone looking at me intently. Nathan who was scanning his eyes around the class, i guess searching for god knows who, looked straight at me. 

He smiled, his dazzling smile,  at me!!. Grinned is the word I guess. But I could'nt believe my eyes. He was the same guy from the cliff. 

I was suddenly aware of all the eyes on me, so I sunk back in my seat in response. Nathan was looking at me, all the time.

What was he even doing here? The tattoo on my wrist tingled even more, though I wasn't touching it.  

Mr. Johnson cleared his throat, "Mr. Blackburn, take a seat please."

Nathan was still looking at me. I turned immeadiately to see if someone was sitting beside my desk. I had a strange feeling that I didn't want him to seat beside me. Somehow I knew, I had a strange attraction towards him, but I could'nt get close to anyone.

People were trouble. Remember? I told myself. And yes, there was a gangly boy with skin problems  sitting next to me. I sighed in relief. ( A/N I was tired of all the stories having the guy sit with the girl)

Nathan looked at the boy beside me and his expresssion changed. Angel looked dangerous. The boy cringed but made no move. Nathan's eyes still training on me, he sat at the far end corner of the room. 

Once he was settled, he turned to look at me again. 

Uh-Oh. I would have to rush out after the class. As soon as possible!

So, Did you like it? Sorry for any grammar mistakes or bad writing. 

Please Comment and Vote if you liked it! It would mean a lot to me!!