Chapter 13 Shattered glass and accusations

Previous Chapter 

At the house: Ana's room

"You're not asking any questions" Ana said while I climbed into the bed. 

"A-about what?" I said

"Come on, Iris. I know you heard our conversation." I tucked the comforter above my chin. I didn't say anything for a while and I couldn't sleep. Somehow I was uncomfortable.

"I-I-.." I turned around to find a sleeping Ana. I jumped a little when she mumbled some thing.

"...he...loved me...!" She kept talking for sometime. SHE WAS SLEEP TALKING! Oh god!. That scared me. Sleep talks scare me too much. It's something I can definitely live without. 

"....you're.....lucky....Nathan likes you..... hmmmmm" She said again. I couldn't take it any longer. I tip toed out of the bed and stealthily walked to the door. Slowly opening, I glanced back to make sure she was sleeping and walked out of the room, closing the door silently. 

I was now standing in the middle of a dimly lit hallway. I knew the way to the room. So I walked towards it, without having any second thoughts. I opened the door slowly, peeking in first. I opened the door wider when I found Nathan, soundlessly sleeping on the bed. I walked in.

I was happy that he was sleeping on the bed istead of the couch. I crept to the bed and slipped under the covers, beside him. Was I doing something wrong? Was I pushing it too far? 

All thought were gone, when an arm wrapped around my waist. "I hoped you'd come" Nathan mumbled as he brought me closer to his warm body. 

Narrator's POV

"....you're.....lucky....Nathan likes you..... hmmmmm" Ana mumbled in her sleep. She continued mumbling about Nathan. Iris silently crept off. But she should have stayed and listened to the rest as the next thing Ana said was ".... like I liked Nathan... Nathan's first love......" she mumbled. 

THIS CHAPTER

Iris POV:

TOssing and turning in the soft bed, I woke up to the sound of water running somewhere. Opening my eyes I hazily looked around me. Was I having a dream? It was white everywhere, I jumped slightly nostalgia hit me. I had had the same dream before but I couldn't place it anywhere. 

Suddenly out of nowhere a transluscent face popped out near my leg and it did not look good. White hair, white face, strong pale hands appeared near my feet. I didn't realise that the figure was reaching for me until it caught my leg. I let out frail scream, flailing my hands and yelling at the figure to stop doing whatever it was about to do. But I was brought back. by another pair of strong hands. 

My eyes shot open and I realized I was in a bedroom. In Nathan's bed. His arms were wrapped around me. He was whispering something in my ear. I was sweating, feeling cold when a gust of wind from a window near the bedside blew. 

"Shhhh Iris, calm down.. I'm here. I'm here, look!" I looked up at him, and tears rolled down my face for some reason. "I had a bad dream" I whispered. "I know." he whispered back. "Now go to sleep. Nothing's going to hurt you. I'm here with you okay?" I didn't realise we were sitting up. He pushed me into his chest, gently. Lying down effortlessly with me in his arms, his body felt warm but the cold air from the outside sent me shivering. Realizing this, he pulled the blanket from the corner of the bedside on top of us. 

I lay there in his chest, no signs of sleep anywhere, I looked at him. Surprised when he was looking at me. "You're not sleeping?" I asked curious. Had I woken him up? "Is this bothersome to you?" I asked him out lou, for once. He smiled as he pushed my bangs out of my eyes. "No Iris" he whispered. I closed my eyes listening to his soothing voice. " I'm not bothered by all this. I love you. I'm going to be here when you have nightmares. I'm going to be here, right beside you when you have troubles. I'm going to protect you from everything, Iris. I know I've known for a small time now, but I'm going to treasure you through everything, because there's not another Iris in this world." I opened my eyes this time, looking straight in his eyes. "Why? Why me?" I asked surprised by his long answer. "Because you're Iris." he replied. I knew I wasn't going to get anything from him after that. I'll save it for next time, I thought. For now, I'm going to bask in his sunshine. I smiled at him, he smiled back wider this time. 

He kissed my nose, but didn't go any further. I snuggled deeper into his warm chest. Letting sleep take over me, this time. 

x

 Narrator's POV

The vase shattered leaving tiny pieces of pieced of broken glass shimmering on the ground. It would have been beautiful. ".... stop it, Cruz..." Ana yelled at him. "Will you let me explain? It's not what you think." Cruz yelled back, his wolf showing. The beta's strength showing and Ana couldn't resist. Tear strolled down her cheeks, not stopping, she fell to the floor. Cruz couldn't see his mate crying this way. He reached her stroking her smooth hair. "Let me explain, please? You're hurting me, you're hurting yourself. You're hurting our bond. I can't see you this way." He whispered, wanting to pull her closer. 

But she pushed back, backing away from him. "Don't touch me" she cried. "Ana...I-I...." "I'll talk to you later Cruz. I promise I'll listen to you. Just... not now." 

Broken hearted he pulled back "Okay" he said standing up. "Don't take too long." He walked away, his wolf just at the brim. It was annoying him. Punching the wall, he made his way out. 

Ana lay there crying. "He's my mate..." she whispered. 

(incomplete, without editing, please ignore the grammar mistakes) 

So I had to write that in one night! I'm really sorry for the lack of updating, I really wanted to write this book, give my pure dedication to it, but somehow with everything's going on I'm not really able to. I will try to update as soon as I can, I know how frustrating it gets when the author doesn't update. I'm really sorry. But I'll try.