Chapter One Hundred Forty One

Start from the beginning

Ethan looks at Zayn confused, "why the hell would he be jealous of me?" he asks. Zayn chuckles "because, you're pretty special E, everyone is drawn to you, and those that can't see how awesome you are, don't deserve your time" he explains. Ethan doesn't say anything and before Zayn can there's a knock on his door again, before it opens and Jessie peeks in. "Hey I just wanted to check in" she says, "hey Jess" Zayn greets, getting up to move closer to his work friend. "Thank you, for helping him out" Zayn whispers and Jessie shrugs, "no one deserves to be treated that way, and I just gave him a pass" she answers. "You okay Ethan?" Jessie asks and Zayn chuckles when Ethan sends her a thumbs up, "yeah, thanks Ms. Austen" he mumbles. "Okay, good I also wanted to tell you I reported both Justin and Elliot to the principal, they shouldn't be bothering you again, alright?" Jessie asks. Ethan doesn't answer just gives her another thumbs up, "thank you" Zayn mumbles, and Jessie just nods before she leaves the room again.

**

Zayn sighs as he drops his work bag, and the twins bag onto the floor just inside the door, as Bella tosses her's beside his and all three kids take off up into the house. He's exhausted it's been a long day and with everything with Ethan it just added some stress, but he's happy he could help the teenager, and just hopes Ethan's former best friend leaves him alone soon. There's only a few weeks left of the school year before summer break and Zayn's just as ready for it as his students. "Hey, you okay?" Liam asks coming up from the basement, having obviously been in his office and Zayn jumps. "Shit, you scared me. What are you doing home?" Zayn asks. Liam chuckles, "Sorry. Niall's got some last minute wedding stuff so we finished early today" he explains, Zayn nodding slowly as Niall and Josh's wedding is two weeks before the last day of school. "But are you okay?" Liam presses and Zayn just nods, as they hear the kids looking for a snack. "Yeah, I'm fine. I just had a long day" Zayn mumbles, leaning over to press a kiss to Liam's lips. "But we should go see what the kids are up to" Zayn adds, pulling on Liam's hand to tug him up the stairs.

Zayn groans when they get into the kitchen and see Bella up on the counter while the twins wait on the floor for her to get them treat. "Arabella what are you doing?" Zayn asks, arching an eyebrow at her as Liam steps forward and scoops her off the counter into his arms, making her squeal. "Getting a snack Baba" Bella giggles as Liam tickles her before setting her back down onto the floor, when Zack charges at his Daddy's legs. "Okay, but do we climb on the counters?" Zayn asks, and Bella shrugs "I do" she mumbles and Zayn rubs a hand down his face, "should you?" he presses. Bella groans, rolling her eyes before she huffs "no" she mumbles. "Hey watch the attitude" Liam warns arching an eyebrow at the five year old and Zayn is grateful for his husband, even if he is currently spinning a giggling Zack around on his shoulder. "Sorry" Bella mutters, "can we have a chocolate Baba please?" she asks, pouting at Zayn who chuckles. "You can, after dinner, how about we have something healthy for now" Zayn offers already opening the fridge and pulling out a couple apples to slice up. Bella groans but she doesn't otherwise protest so Zayn ignores her.

"Bella do you have homework tonight?" Liam asks and Zayn turns from the apples he's slicing to see Liam setting a dizzy look Zack back on his feet. "Just some reading, but I need you or Baba for it" Bella shrugs, giggling a little as Zack stumbles before he just drops  to sit in the middle of the kitchen floor. "I'll help you in a few minutes, okay?" Zayn offers setting the plate of apple slices onto the island before he scoops up Chloe, who smiles at him snuggling into his chest, as Liam grabs Zack so the twins can reach the snack, Bella climbing up onto one of the chairs and grabbing a few apple slices. "Chloe you gonna eat something?" Zayn asks, noticing the nineteen month old hasn't eaten anything yet where Bella and Zack are both stuffing theapples into their mouths. Chloe reaches out and grabs one apple slice taking a small bite before just cuddling back into Zayn.

"Is she okay?" Liam asks once Zack and Bella have finished their snack and gone to play, while Chloe is still just holding onto the one apple she picked up. Zayn shrugs, "she doesn't feel warm" he hums. "Chloe, you okay, Tiny Dancer?" Zayn asks rubbing the toddler's back. "s'eepy, Baba" Chloe yawns and Zayn coos, while Liam pouts. "Did you not nap today?" Liam asks furrowing his eyebrows. "No nap. Too loud" Chloe mumbles, "we'll just take it easy tonight and you can go to bed early okay?" Zayn murmurs, kissing the toddler's head. "Why don't you go and play with Zack for a bit, I'm going to get Bella to do her homework" Zayn asks. Chloe just pouts at him, before she turns to Liam "Dada too?" she asks reaching for him, and Zayn chuckles as Liam reaches over to scoop her into his arms, "of course I'll come too" Liam grins, kissing all over Chloe's face once he has her in his arms, "I'll send Arabella your way" Liam calls over his shoulder as he leaves the room.

"Baba, do I have too?" Bella whines and Zayn chuckles, "yes you have too" he mimics, pointing back to the overly simplified story in front of them on the island. "But it's too hard" Bella whines and Zayn chuckles, "really? 'Cause your teacher tells me you can actually read books that are harder than this" Zayn says arching an eyebrow at the five year old. Bella groans, "she did?" she asks and Zayn chuckles, "yes she did, so why don't we read this and then you can help me make dinner?" he asks. Bella grins, "yeah okay" she hums, before she starts reading the story slowly to Zayn. Zayn just listens and can't help the grin tugging at his lips as he listens to his baby girl read to him, not believing for a second that she's old enough to do so, but also incredibly proud of the little lady she's becoming.