Chapter Seventy Six

Chapter Seventy Six – Liam

Liam frowns they've been driving for twenty minutes and Zayn still hasn't said a word to him, "Zayn?" he asks slowly turning his attention away from the road for a second to see his fiancé turn to him and arch an eyebrow. Liam sighs "I'm sorry we left so abruptly, but I'm trying to surprise you" he murmurs, and he can tell from Zayn's expression that the younger isn't upset with him, is just tormenting him. "It's fine Li, just a little warning would have been nice" Zayn mumbles, before he reaches over and grabs Liam's hand, "and I'm sorry for pretending to be upset with you" Zayn adds. Liam chuckles, pulling Zayn's hand up to kiss his knuckles "it's alright" he laughs, turning his attention back to the road. "Liam?" Zayn asks and Liam hums to indicate he's heard him, "where are we going?" Zayn asks and Liam knows from his tone he can recognize where they're headed. Liam tsks "remember Zee no questions" he scolds lightly, laughing when Zayn huffs and turns away again, "we're almost there" Liam hums, but doesn't get a response.

Liam parks fifteen minutes later, happy to see his realtor is there already "Liam" the older man greets shaking Liam's hand as soon as he steps from the car, "Cedric" Liam responds, as Zayn comes up behind them. "Cedric, this is my fiancé, Zayn" Liam introduces, biting back a laugh as Zayn confusedly shakes the man's hand, "alright so this house has just been put on the market, and isn't even listed in any public forums yet, I found it after your email the other day Liam, and thought it would be perfect for what you asked me to find" Cedric explains. Liam nods, "I trust you, lead the way" he says, grabbing Zayn's hand and tugging him along, "Liam this is a house" Zayn mumbles and Liam laughs lightly. "Yes it is, a house near both my parents and yours, and also Ruth" Liam answers. Zayn blinks at him slowly, "but why are we looking at a house?" Zayn asks, and Liam sighs, deciding to give Zayn an answer even though he did say no questions. "We're looking at a house, for us, because as big as the flat is, once baby comes, I think we're going to need more space, and a yard for the kids to play in" Liam explains, as Cedric gets the door to the house open. Zayn just nods at Liam, and doesn't say anything else so Liam grins, pecking his cheek, "please be honest with me about this, okay? If you don't like it I need to know, alright?" Liam asks. Zayn just nods again and Liam decides to just leave him until they've seen the actual house, and tugs on their connected hands to pull Zayn into the entrance of the house.

They've already seen the open kitchen, dining room, living room and are now following Cedric as he leads them upstairs to see the bedrooms. "So there's four bedrooms up here and three bathrooms, including an ensuite in the master bedroom" Cedric explains as they climb the stairs. Liam nods, "look around" Cedric encourages, and Liam grins tugging Zayn towards the first door. They open it to see what is undoubtedly the master bedroom and the room is large, bigger than their current bedroom, with large windows to let in sunlight. There's two large closets along one wall and across from them, is a large bathroom, with a large jacuzzi tub, and a shower. Zayn gasps beside Liam and Liam smirks knowing his fiancé likes the room. They leave that bedroom to look at the others, the other three bedrooms are similar to each other and all large in size, more than enough space in each one for their family to grow. "This is great Cedric" Liam says and the older man smiles, "there's still more, if you'll follow me" he says, Liam tangles his fingers with Zayn's and follows the man back downstairs, they keep going down into a large finished basement. "Now Liam, I know you said you wanted a home office, and down here there are two, along with another bathroom, and what could be used as a playroom" Cedric explains, as Zayn tugs away from Liam to look around a little.

They finish the tour in the large backyard and Liam can already picture a playhouse in the one corner. "So what did you think?" Cedric asks as they make their way back around front to their cars "Zayn?" Liam asks and Zayn arches an eyebrow at him "me? Why me?" Zayn asks and Liam laughs lightly, "I like it but it doesn't matter because you get the final decision, that's why you" he explains. Zayn chews his lip and Liam watches him fondly for a minute "Liam, I love it, this is perfect" he murmurs and Liam grins, he knew Zayn liked it from his quiet reactions inside during the whole house tour. "You heard the man, draw up the offer Cedric, we want this house" Liam says turning away from Zayn, "Liam, are you sure?" the real estate agent asks and Liam just nods, because he's never been more sure of anything other than Zayn in his life. "Offer them asking price, I don't even care what it is" Liam adds and Cedric nods quickly, "alright, I won't be able to do anything until Monday morning, but I will let you know as soon as I hear" he answers. Liam smiles, nodding and reaching out to shake Cedric's hand, Zayn doing the same a moment later, "thank you" Liam hums before guiding Zayn back towards his car.