Chapter Forty Four

Chapter Forty Four - Liam

Liam looks around at all the boxes that are stacked in his living room, waiting for Zayn to come unpack them, he'd do it himself, but doesn't know where Zayn wants to put everything and doesn't want to upset the younger man. Zayn's in Bella's room with her, attempting to get the toddler to settle down and go to bed, but judging by the amount of giggling coming out of her room, Liam doesn't think he's having too much luck. "Arabella Trisha Malik, that's enough, it's time to go to bed" Zayn calls out, just before Bella races past Liam, "don't wanna" she calls over her shoulder, ducking behind a stack of boxes. Zayn's right behind her, eyes scanning the room, Liam arches an eyebrow and points to the boxes she's crouched behind, Zayn nods, carefully making his way towards the pile and the still giggling two year old. Liam watches as Zayn steps behind the boxes, pulling a squirming Bella into his arms "Daddy, help!" she shrieks and Liam chuckles shaking his head. "No can do Princess, Baba's right it's past your bedtime" Liam answers Bella pouts crossing her arms, "not tired" she mutters. Zayn sighs and Liam knows he's frustrated, "if you come get your jammies on right now, I'll still read you a story. You keep fighting me, there's no story tonight" Zayn bargains. Liam watches as Bella appears to be thinking about it, before she nods,"okay, Baba" she murmurs, stopping her squirming, and settling into Zayn's arms.

Zayn comes back out to the living room about twenty minutes later, looking exhausted, "you're supposed to go in and say goodnight" he mumbles, and Liam laughs, nodding, as Zayn collapses onto the couch. Liam presses a kiss to Zayn's head, as he passes on his way to Bella's room, he steps into the room, letting his eyes adjust to the dim lighting provided by her small night light. "Daddy" she calls out, tiny arms reaching out for him, Liam smiles and makes his way towards the bed, sitting on the edge, leaning over to hug Bella."Goodnight Bella, sleep tight" Liam murmurs, "night Daddy. Love you" she mumbles sleepily, and Liam smiles "love you too Princess, get some sleep, sweet dreams" he murmurs, leaning over to press a kiss to her forehead. Liam sits and watches the two year old for a minute as she yawns sleepily, before her eyes blink closed and she seems to have fallen asleep, her breaths becoming even, as he watches. Liam pulls the blankets further up her torso before leaving the room and heading back towards where he left Zayn. When he gets back to the couch Zayn appears to have fallen asleep. Liam smiles,kissing his forehead, before draping a blanket over his boyfriend, and disappearing to his office to finish up some work.

Liam wakes up early the next morning to his phone ringing, he curses quietly, before diving to grab the device before it can wake up Zayn or Bella. "Hello...?" Liam answers the phone, "hi baby boy" his mum's voice coos through the receiver making Liam roll his eyes. "Hi Mum, what's up?" he asks quietly, "how did the move go?" Karen asks quietly, and Liam knows she's sitting in the kitchen, sipping tea, while his dad is still sleeping. "It went good, they're both exhausted but all moved in" Liam answers, "good" his mum hums, "would you all be up to come over for lunch today?" she adds, Liam glances at Zayn where he's sleeping beside him "yeah, I think we can make it out" he murmurs, reaching out to brush some hair off Zayn's forehead, "good, we'll see you all at noon?" Karen asks, Liam chuckles "sure Mum, see you then" he answers. "Bye Liam" Karen says, hanging up before Liam can answer her. Since he's already awake Liam rolls out of bed, heading towards the kitchen to make some breakfast, and coffee.

Liam's flipping the last pancake in the pan when he hears stumbling footsteps coming towards him, he knows it's Bella, by the sound, and turns around just as she comes up behind him. "Daddy, where Baba?" she asks looking around the room, Liam smiles bending down to scoop her into his arms, "he's still in bed" Liam answers. Bella appears to be thinking about that and nods, snuggling into Liam's chest as she does. "How was your first night in your new room?" Liam asks, carefully removing the pancake before it burns, Bella shrugs "alright" she murmurs. Liam nods at that and hears heavier footsteps coming towards them, "Baba's up" Liam murmurs watching as Bella cocks her head to the side to listen. Zayn stumbles into the room, "morning" he yawns, and Liam laughs as Bella dives out of his arms towards Zayn, who catches her effortlessly, despite his sleepy state. "Morning" Liam answers kissing Zayn quickly as soon as he's close enough, "how did you sleep?" Liam asks. Zayn shrugs, setting Arabella back on her feet when she starts squirming, "fine, who called this morning?" he asks. Liam chuckles pouring himself and Zayn a cup of coffee, "my mum, we're going over there for lunch, if that's okay" he explains. Zayn nods, taking the offered mug with a smile, "that sounds lovely" he murmurs, as Bella calls them both loudly from the other room.