Chapter One Hundred Eight

Chapter One Hundred Eight – Liam

Liam's dozing on the couch while some random movie that Bella and Kenzi wanted to watch plays in the background. He really has no idea where Zayn and the two boys have gone, but he knows the twins are upstairs sleeping in their cribs. "Uncle Leeyum?" Kenzi asks, turning to face him and he grimaces at the mark on her cheek, it's not as big as Ethan's but it's still visible, "yeah Kenz?" Liam hums as his niece crawls along the couch to climb on top of him, "when's Mummy coming?" she asks. Liam frowns neither he nor Zayn have heard from Ruth or Ben, and Zayn sent the first text almost four hours ago, he figures they turned their phones off to spend some quality time together, but he can't help thinking how upset his sister's going to be when she finds out what happened. "I don't know" Liam murmurs, leaning up to press a kiss to Kenzi's forehead, but she pouts at him, "I didn't like that girl" Kenzi mumbles and Liam half smiles, "I didn't either" he responds. Kenzi giggles then and Liam arches an eyebrow at her "Uncle Zayn said a bad word to her" she explains and Liam chuckles, "he did, did he?" he asks and Kenzi nods, before she kisses Liam's cheek, "but he saved us like Super Girl, so it's okay" she decides before returning to where Bella is still sitting waiting for her.

A pounding on the door, accompanied by the doorbell ringing repeatedly jolts Liam awake, from a nap he didn't realize he was taking. Pushing himself off the couch he smiles at where Bella and Kenzi have fallen asleep cuddled together on the other couch, while the Netflix home screen is on the TV. Liam moves to open the door, surprised he can't hear the twins cry, but then again he still has no idea where his husband is. Opening the door Liam's almost knocked over by Ruth pushing past him into the house "where are my kids Liam, and what the hell happened?" she spits. Ben reaches out to place a hand on Ruth's shoulder but she shakes him off and he shrugs at Liam, "Zayn's text didn't really explain, much" Ben offers and Liam sighs. "The kids are here and everyone's fine..now" Liam soothes, but Ruth's glare makes him sigh again, "okay. Ethan phoned Zayn, begging him to come to the house, apparently that sitter you hired hit him" Liam explains. "She hit my baby?" Ruth asks, shocked and Liam nods, "and Kenzi too" he adds biting his lip. Ruth growls and Liam doesn't blame her, knows he'd kill someone who touched his kids that way, "that bitch" she mutters, "I'll kill her" Ben adds. Liam nods, "Zayn kicked her out, but he figured you would have her information to file a police report" he explains, and Ruth nods, "yeah,of course. But can I just see my kids, please?" she asks. Liam nods, "yeah Kenzi's in the living room with Bella, and Ethan and Mason are somewhere with Zayn" he murmurs.

Liam follows his sister and brother in law up the stairs where they go to Kenzi first, "my poor girl" Ruth mumbles, as Kenzi sits up rubbing at her eyes, "Mummy, Daddy" she coos, before she starts to cry and throws herself off the couch into them. Liam watches the scene for a moment before Bella reaches for him and he scoops her into his arms pressing a kiss to her cheek. "Why Kenzi crying?" Bella asks, head tilting to the side, Liam bites his lip for a moment while he thinks "she's had a rough day and is just happy to see her mum and dad" he answers and Bella nods, resting her head on his shoulder. Zayn comes in out of breath, followed by an equally winded Ethan and Mason, "Uncle Zayn still sucks at football" Ethan grins and Zayn pouts, as Ruth turns around to face her other two children and Liam can see the exact moment she sees what's happened to Ethan. Ruth passes Kenzi over to Ben, who Liam sees cuddles her close, "oh my god, Ethan" Ruth gasps. Ethan shrugs "hey Mum" he mumbles and Ruth frowns "baby boy. What happened to you?" she asks and he sighs, "not a baby Mum, and the babysitter hit me, and then hit me again harder when I stopped her hitting Mase" Ethan mumbles. Ruth frowns and looks over at Mason who looks about to cry to Liam, "oh come here buddy" Ruth hums holding out an arm, which her middle child crashes into hiding in her neck. Liam watches as Ruth looks up at Zayn "thank you" she murmurs, but Zayn just shrugs, as Kenzi and Ben join the family hug.