Letters To Skyla [Chapter 12]

Beaus POV.

I booked Skyla into the doctors and dropped her there, I waited outside for her to come back but when she did, she didn’t look very happy, or well. Her face was pale like she had just seen a ghost and her blue eyes were watery. “Sky, what’s wrong?” I questioned her as I jumped out of the car into the cold, “are you okay?” I asked when she didn’t reply

“I’m fine, I need to go down to the shops to get some antibiotics, I have the flu or something” she said flatly before turning away from me towards the direction of the shops, why was she being so rude? She’s never like this… that doctor must have pissed her off, or maybe it was me… I mean she could have been angry about me and Savannah; I screwed up, big time. I lied to her. I hated lying, but she already looked so upset, and when I told her I didn’t do anything with Savannah she looked so happy. I know I shouldn’t have done what I did, but I shouldn’t have done drugs, I shouldn’t have let Skyla go to Sydney without me, I shouldn’t have treated my brothers the way I did. I've dug myself into a hole, its only getting bigger and bigger, but I’m honestly trying to fix it.

“Do you want me to drive you?” I yelled out to her realising that she was already at least 50m away from me, damn she walks quickly, “it’s cold out here, and if you’re sick you shouldn’t be out here!”

“No, I don’t need your help Beau, go home” she yelled sternly before turning and heading towards the shops again, what have I done?

"Sky! Come on!” I yelled out but she was already too far away, I watched her until she was out of sight, she was so headstrong. I jumped back in my car and headed home, it was a quiet drive, no one to talk to, and there was nothing good on the radio, all I could hear was the sound of the car driving along the smooth road. I pulled up outside the place I called home and trekked up the driveway,

“Boys! I’m home!” I yelled out to them, they were in the lounge room, Luke was on his laptop as well as Jai. Nerds.  “If Skyla calls make sure you do what she wants, I’m going to bed, I’m going to see mum tomorrow, early start” I smiled at them,

“yep alright” Luke said cheerfully

“night” Jai added

I definitely had the best brothers in the world, after all I put them through they still stuck by my side, they didn’t leave when it got hard, they didn’t ever make me feel bad about the past, they just made me feel good about how I've changed, how I've changed for the better.

I walked down the hall into my room, well, mine and Skyla’s room. It smelled a mix of her perfume, and my body spray, it was nice. I sat down on the bed, it was too early to go to sleep, it was only 5:30 or so, I grabbed a book out of the bookshelf, a particular one I've had since Skyla moved to Queensland… I opened it up and straight through the middle of the book was my book, the ‘days without you’ book, the one I had tallied all of the days without Skyla and the letters I wrote to her when she was in Queensland, it was crumpled and brown, I opened up the first page, there was a picture of her, the first picture I ever took of her, she looked beautiful. It was her first day of school actually; I flicked through the many pages of lines till I got to the letter, I wrote many letters to her, but this one meant the most, it was the first one I had given her.

‘Dear Skyla,

I want to start off by saying, I love you, I love you so much that I can’t even think of being with anyone else, I know I got with other girls but it was to get over you, I thought you weren’t coming back, it was 2 years and you didn’t speak to me once at all. I missed you every day, I woke up every morning wishing you were next to me, I walked past the school on my lunch break just to see if you were sitting in my spot, you left a bottle of your perfume here and I always sprayed it throughout the room so I felt as if you were here just the slightest bit. I’m sorry I didn’t do anything to stop your dad from hurting you that night, I just watched the love of my life get hurt, but I didn’t know that then and now I do, so please, forgive me, and just take me in, just take away all my pain, just tell me you love me, so I can mend my broken heart, please?