Undecided

Demi

With every step she took, I felt emptier inside. Before she disappeared out of my view she turned around and gave a big wave and blew me a kiss which I pretended to catch and hold close to my heart. Just then, my phone buzzed indicated that I had received a text message. I checked and noticed it was from Marissa.

"Are you free for today?"

"Oh so NOW you remember me."

I texted back as I made my way to the car holding my head down so no one would recognize me so easily even though we were way past that point now.

"You've been so busy though don't blame this on me."

"That might be true... so movie night?"

"I'm up for it.... I'll be over at 8?"

"Cool."

I drove to this old abandoned playground which I used whenever I wanted to write something or even just to clear my mind and took out my writing pad and pencil from the back seat and got settled in a low patch of grass not to far from the seesaws and I started to scribble random thoughts on the paper though nothing really gelled nor felt right. I know I should've brought my guitar. I used my writer's block as an excuse to phone Wilmer and he picked up after the second ring.

"Princesa..."

He stated cautiously, unaware of where exactly he stood with me.

"Hey Wilmer."

I too, was unsure of why I even called him in the first place.

"Look, Demi, about the other ni-"

"It's fine....really."

I cut him off mid sentence. I didn't want him apologising for something he didn't do.

"No its not. Just le-"

"Hey, Wilmer, just drop it OK? For me?"

"If that's what you really want?"

"It is."

"I've missed you... alot."

"I've missed you too."

An awkward silence fell over the line, neither if us knowing what to say at this point but Wilmer decided to try his luck.

"So what are you doing now?"

"Just writing a bit and decided to call you up."

"Oh... writing about anything special?"

"I wanted it to be about the wonders of love, how beautiful it is y'know? How one person can make you feel indestructible and like nothing else matters when you're with them."

I smiled to myself as I thought of Jessica through all of my word vomit.

"Oh I'm glad you feel that way."

He said a bit skeptically.

"Yes! You make me feel that way."

I attempted to redeem myself and he seemed to drop his inhibitions.

"Is it OK if I come over tonight?"

"Not a good night babe! Girl's night with Mar... tomorrow is good though."

"Aah... tomorrow is fine then... listen I have to go but I love you.... always remember that."

"Yes, I know and I uuh... I love you too."

We hung up and I started to gather my stuff and make my way to the car as I had to go to the supermarket to get a few snacks for later. After I bought some ice-cream and microwavable popcorn and random candy, I made my way home. I still had a few hours to spare so I took to the backyard to try finishing a decent song. Still no luck. What was up with me today? Maybe a swim will help get me in the mood. I changed into a bikini and returned to the backyard and dove into the pool. The warm water proving to be very therapeutic. I swam around a little bit more then decided to go upstairs for a warm bubble bath.